Polluted rivers

Calgary, Alberta
Most likely this is one of my most attainable and possible to happen fantasies but in a way it all sounds impossible and unrealistic but I want to share it to the whole world. One of my greatest fantasies ever is to clean a polluted river. Whenever I saw Rivers that were so toxic that no fish can survive it really makes me angry. I am happy that are still some clean Rivers in my country but all those rivers with black waters represents humans abuse of mother nature. Clean Rivers will have been a good food source for people with no money. Clean Rivers represents discipline of a country. Restoring a river causes a lot of money and it takes long and slow process to do this. I heard Japan successfully revived one of their dead Rivers. I wanted to see a city that despite of the progress of its economy, despite of all the new technologies, there still a balance. There is a river in my country in whenever I see it, I feel sad because of all the garbage floating in the waters. I wish I can teach the people to be respectful of your surroundings. I wish it's possible to make an industrial city have trees around, and Rivers and will have fish and swimming around it. I want to see some fathers, fishing with their son and gives the fish to to the mother so they can grill it and have a picnic on the riverside. I wish I can see some people enjoy swimming in the water, clean water in the middle of the city.
@mspitot (3834)
I would love to see that in our country. I hope to see parks with trees bearing fruits and with fresh running water where fish can live. I hope to see smokeless roads here.
• Calgary, Alberta
Recreational nature Parks can make families closer. They can pick fruit from those trees that you said and they can fish, swim or canoe to the clean Rivers. They can enjoy watching birds flying in the trees. They can enjoy a fresh air that feels like breeze.
@mspitot (3834)
I really want to see our country to be high-tech but still caring for the nature. I would like to see fresh fruits and vegetables, free from bad chemicals in the market. I would like to see streets with fruit bearing plants.
• Calgary, Alberta
A balance between preservation and modernization is really good vision that I really want to happen for real to make us feel proud of our country and people.
@stanley777 (7177)
This wouldn't even be a fantasy if people just new how to throw their garbage properly. I would like to see this happen too, fortunately some NonGoverment Organizations are doing something about this. Even some of our seas in my place, the water is very dirty and the sand has even turned black..
• Calgary, Alberta
I wanted this to be a reality, I want this to be something attainable And something possible to achieve but yes from people's ignorance, greed and lack of discipline. Once I'm rich it will be 1 of my advocacies.
I hope there are more people like you.I really like to see what our forefathers are enjoying then, when our rivers and sea are clean from garbage,I do hope too that you get rich soon.
• Calgary, Alberta
People didn't know that clean Rivers can make a country progress more than a polluted river. A clean river attracts tourist while dirty Rivers don't. Clean Rivers can solve hunger and poverty because it can provide free food like fish and some shells. Clean Rivers also save people from tragic floods. It's also a recreation for the families because it's going to be fun to canoe on a very clean river.
@ckyera (17261)
I also feel that way whenever I see polluted rivers and other bodies of water these days. It is sad that there are people who don't have any concern for the rivers. It's really sad that instead of fishes, what we see in our rivers floating are garbage and other wastes... I miss those days when people are still able to swim and play in the river...(well I'm kinda lucky that I was able to experience that even for some time in our province) I just wish and hope that restorations of our rivers will be successful and be maintained coz it will not just for the river but most of all its for the people. We just need to have discipline and concern when it comes to nature. I think all the flooding is just nature's revenge to people...the river is just bringing back their garbage on them... hehe
• Calgary, Alberta
Japan is able to clean under the river in few years, while "piso para sa Pasig" project surpassed 4 Presidents, yet it's a is still freaking dirty.I remember somebody said that a country's river symbolizes and reflects the discipline of people. With the current state of many Rivers in our country I want to put two palms on my face because of shame. I remember my grandpa's said Pasig river used to have Aqua blue water. Now it looks like mud.