Facebook Latest Privacy Control

Singapore
Facebook has come out with their latest privacy control which I feel would be handy for its users especially when it comes to unwanted photos. Gone are the days where you will see your unwanted posed or taken without your approval splashed across your Facebook pages. Now users can opt for their photos not to be tagged thus making it make it harder for people to find embarrassing pictures of you on the website. Items posted online will now have their own drop down menu so users can select who can view it, rather than in a separate settings page. I believe this to be a good function for Facebook users and the new privacy options will begin to be rolled out across the site from tomorrow. Do check it out and protect yourselves. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2029456/Facebook-tightens-privacy-controls-gives-users-option-tagged-photos.html
@Absinto (2396)
• Portugal
I loved the new privacy features they put on facebook. It makes us feel more safer that we can expose what we want and to whom we want without having the risk of unwanted people seeing or commenting on it.
@Absinto (2396)
• Portugal
Ya that is kind of a bummer. Facebook should lnow how to change things but they can remove features that we like or possibly need.
@danitykane (3192)
hi sky, I love the new privacy feature on facebook. I hope there will be more privacy control in the future because I think that there are still a lot of things to improve on the site. But this latest feature is really great and I am able to use it now like when posting stuff on walls, I can select who can view it. Like what you have pointed out, we have now more control on photos or images being tagged. I think it is pretty cool.
@Fishmomma (11617)
The changes don't affect me, as I don't post any photos on Facebook now. My friend list knows they are not to tag me unless they are planning to be deleted from my very small friend list. I haven't had to remove anybody.
@kaplya (1578)
Haven't checked out this feature yet. But been never a fan of Facebook tagging anyway. I have set "who can see your tagged photos" settings to "myself" so even if people tagged me in some embarrassing or private pictures no one else in my friend list could see them.. Btw, I love the way Facebook keeps updating its privacy settings from time to time, they are good sometimes and suck some times though!Lol
@surekharathi (14134)
Wow! great sharing friend and I stopped to news sharing and you start haha.... some days before I always share any new thing which is came in facebook, twitter or country but now I not share any new thing. Facebook is growing day by day. Privacy control is must in facebook because now worse effects of facebook is more.
@zandi458 (27954)
Yep..I've seen it and am just curious how effective can it protect our privacy. My accounts in fb have been hacked so many times and almost gave up. Good that fb is adding more features to improve their site.
@Judy890 (1633)
to bad I deactivated my Facebook a long time ago
Judy890, You can always re-register for another account, be discreet with who you include in your friend list and customize your privacy settings. Have a nice day.
This particular update is something that I like. However, there is something about this latest update on the facebook page that I don't like. I don't like it at all that it asks you with whom you are with, where you are, etc. when you are simply trying to post a status update. It is really driving me insane. I guess that there are other people that will really like that, but for me it just doesn't work because I like things to be quick and easy.
@tash01 (2032)
• Jamaica
I like the new settings, are so far it works for me.A lot of people don't like it, because they said the should be a bit private. But for me I like it,now my friends can tag me in stuff but i have to approve it first before it is shown on my page. This new settings is very useful,it will make the user feel more safe on the information they share.