How Do You Remove Glue From The Skin?

@neildc (17254)
Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
Hiya myLotters and friends! Since it is a holiday today, we decided to do a general cleaning up in the house. Everyone was so busy including Zay. In the middle of our work, I heard my wife shouting for help. Honey, where did Zay been and where did he get this some scratch-like off his skin?! Zay was already crying for help. As we try to investigate, we discovered that Zay found an old sticker of Thomas and Friends. Since the sticker is already old, it won't stick to any surface. So Zay got the glue (some sort of Mighty Bond, an instant glue) from we know a safe place from kids, and put it on the sticker and tried to stick it on his wrist. Good thing he did, he went to the washing are and washed it with water. He was able to remove Thomas from his wrist but of course, the glue remained on his skin when it dried up. And he cried hard, maybe because he felt some pains when he removed the sticker. I hope he will stick with his promise not to meddle with that glue again. So how do you remove glue from the skin? Is there an easy way to remove dried up glue from the skin? ~~ NEILâ„¢~~
@mysdianait (64063)
I get it off skin with nail varnish remover. I have had it happen to me years ago when I was sticking a handle back onto a teapot and got some of the glue on to my fingers, causing them to stick together. Rather than go to the hospital I tried with nail varnish remover (acetone) and it worked.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
hi mysd. it's so nice to hear from you again after a long time. really, acetone can easily remove glue from skin? actually, the glue still on his skin and he do not want it touched. i was the one who bathed him today and his wrist with the glue, he begged me not to even soap it. well, i will try acetone tomorrow when he wakes up. i want him to see for himself that it will get removed simply with acetone.
@mysdianait (64063)
Tell him it is a magic potion that a friend of yours suggested and see if that inerests him
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
good idea mysd.
@shibham (17025)
Just use kerosine or mustard oil.... its so easy to remove glue. I have experiences. take care.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
it could really be easy for me if it's me, but Zay is still a baby so i don't think kerosene will do it for him. he won't like the smell of it. and i guess he will continue crying.
@shibham (17025)
I think mustard oil is better then.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i don't think we have mustard oil right now. i guess i have to try what the others suggested, acetone or nail polish remover since we have it right now. thanks anyway, shibham.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Oh hell sweetie. How on earth did Zay get hold of that glue? You can either leave it, so it will start coming off, each time he bathe or you can scrub it off with warm water and sopa. I'll say, go for the bathing though.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
hi sweetie. i am sure it was placed in a safe place though he is just so smart and knows how to get it. he probably used a stool to reach the place.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Well, that's Zay for you.
@Lakota12 (42684)
try nail polish remover
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i will try this, also suggested by the others here. thanks.
@Lakota12 (42684)
your welcome
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
In the past whenever I have had an instant glue on my skin, I have just let it wear off or peeled it off bit by bit over time whenever I had a few minutes spare to pick at it. I remember when I was at school, we used to glue our fingers together just for fun! Eventually the glue would break apart and wear off!
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
for us adults, it would be fine to let it peel off naturally but for kids, it will be an annoyance to them. you made fun with glue on your fingers? what kids really are?
@savypat (20247)
Nail polish remover will work on most, but be carefull with it and make sure you wash it off very gently and put some hand cream on the area. That stuff drys out the skin badly.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
thanks.
@naija4real (1293)
I do not know how to remove glue from the skin. But I guess, a liquid detergent or kerosene can do the job. But all my suggestion are all guess work. Maybe you can try different method to get the best result
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i tried washing it out with soap and water when i gave him a bath but begged not to soap it. so i tried acetone when he woke up the next morning.
I think if you use water and rub it gently until it vanish. I don't think it's really harmful so there is nothing to seriously worry about. When a glue is being heated, it soften. But i do not suggest to burn the wrist part. Hehehe. I think warm water will do.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
water alone could really make it but it will take some times. the baby will get annoyed with it if that will remain on his skin longer. anyway, i already removed it with acetone.
@ybong007 (6659)
The glue will just peel off when the skin peels off. There's no need to add anything except wash it off with soap and water.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i think about that but it seems Zay will not like the hard thing on his wrist for a long time. i actually removed it using acetone as mysd and the others have suggested and it works.
@ronadelle (1547)
Hello! Oil works for me whenever glue-dried-into-the-skin happens. I'm sure that it will come off easily with that.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i already tried acetone though it took some minutes before it was totally removed.
@petersum (4526)
Gentle rubbing with washing-up liquid works for me (without water). It takes a little time but eventually it all flakes off.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
he doesn't even want to touch it. i tried to remove it the time i gave him a shower but he begged not to even soap it.
@MsTickle (24962)
It should come off by itself eventually with plenty of washing. Other than that some turpentine would fix it. Or maybe even some lubricant like WD40. Kids inhale glue for fun and it is highly toxic, even deadly. I would not keep it in the house where there are young kids.