The new season has not started in my country yet.

Chile
I watch some serials that are part of my daily routine. I even watch reruns of them. I like CSI Miami, the other CSIs in a lesser degree, Criminal Minds and all those serials with lots of forensics and DNA samples Suddenly, the series ends for the season, leaving my favorite people apparently dead (Castle) or sinking in the sea inside a car (CSI Miami). I know my heros are not dead, but I wonder how will they get out. How do you deal with the serial withdrawl syntoms when the season is over? Do you just forget it or you start imagining a sort of continuity? Share!
Oh gosh Marguicha I do have a few shows I watch routinely and so dread the season endings, because it leaves me wanting more. If I have watched the entire season then I fidget a bit watching the days go by until the new season starts up again. In the meantime, yeah I do from time to time playback in my mind as to what is coming up next.
I like those shows because they are whole chapters and it doesn´t matter if you miss one. But when the season ends, there´s an evil writter of the scrip who leaves the hero hanging from a cliff. And hten the words: "to be continued" I am an addict at anything I do. That really bothers me
My dear HWG friend can you explain what is marguicha friend is saying sorry for it but really I cant understand may be my English is weak so this problem is arise.
Hi dear friend, She is discussing about television shows. There are many year round that run for several months at a time. When the last show is aired then they do something that catches our attention more, like something evil and or wonderful may happen. So they say to be continued. Then we have to wait several months for the new season to be aired. When she says she is an addict to some shows she is explaining how much she enjoys them so having to wait for the new season is frustrating. There are several shows I too watch and it happens on every show at the end of the seasons. The reason why they leave us in suspense is that they want to make sure that when the new season starts we are anxious and willing to watch.
@catdla1 (6005)
I get my forensic fix more by reading some of the great books out there, than in watching the weekly shows. Patricia Cornwell, Jefferson Bass and Kathy Reichs are my current favorites, although there are lots of great authors for that type of story line. Now, that's not to say that I never watch those shows. I prefer to get the complete season (after the fact) from the library and immerse myself in it.
I have a lot of books piling up on my night table, but I have to do to check my eyes and change reading glasses. I hope I will be able to do it soon but I have been doing all sorts of obnoxious activities to get the insurance to pay for the amount they should of my chemotherapy. And when I come home I´m too tired to read.
@paula27661 (15899)
I relate because I hate it when a good series comes to the end of the season and we are all left usually with a cliff hanger finale. I generally miss my routine of watching my favourite shows and yes I do imagine what may happen next while waiting for the season’s return. I enjoy CSI and Castle too.
I know. It´s not fair to leave us with the girl drowning or getting killed. Of course we know they will be saved, but sometimes I wonder: what if the studio wants to cut expenses and really lets the girl be drowned. At least they can´t kill Castle´s Kate: the show could not continue.
@whengcat (1458)
I love watching CSI's too, and I can't wait for their next season's pilot episode but I guess it is not due til September or October I think...and yes, I do imagine what will happen next but of course I know they're gonna be alright
I think it starts in September. It would be cruel to start in October. October is a whole life from now
Hi marguicha. I watch Criminal minds on on the ION network. But they are showing the same shows over and over and over. Same thing with Without a Trace. I have actually had to turn off of them because I have seen them so many times. I love Bones also, and Fringe. But I still waiting patiently for one of my favorites which is House. My second favorite is Hell's Kitchen, and I can't leave out The Real Housewives of ....wherever. Right now it's the Real Housewives of New Jersey. They are wild!
I´m getting a bit tired with serial killers. So I don´t watch so much criminal minds as I used to. I prefer Castle now, or the predictable Horatio.
@myfb2009 (8304)
CSI series is one of my favorite tv series, too. So far, the new season haven't arrive in my area here, too. Although i had tried to imagine what is going on with our heros but unable to think it. So, i think the best way is wait patiently for it to be aired in our area...
@myfb2009 (8304)
As it comes close to the beginning of a new season, I really do start to think about what the outcome from the cliffhangers is going to be. It really stinks that we do have to wait for months to see what is going to happen to our favorite characters. I'm just happy that the shows are going to be starting up again in just a few weeks. I miss my friends from those shows.
@alottodo (3061)
I tend to watch those shows some times...but I miss Master Chef when is not on so I just switch to other cooking shows! at the moment I'm watching The Renovators[ not about cooking] but is all about renovating houses and so on I love renovating...specially the outdoors last night I saw this one where they renovated[actually created a court yard] into something beautiful! I think when I move out of here I will consider [ money wise] one of them.
@HeartROB (434)
With me, when a series or the season of the series ended and there is still a story that is kinda like hanging and was not solve. I usually wait patiently and excitedly on the next season of the series. There are just series that you cant help watching and watching and watching again and again(hehehe).
@yoyo1198 (3644)
Hi marguicha....I don't watch a lot of tv but I do like some of the same ones you mentioned. I dread those end-of-the-season cliff hangers. I try to wait patiently for the new season. I've already noted on my calendar the dates when some of them will be premiered for the new season. Usually, after the old season ends with their edge-of-the-seat shows, I break out the books that I've been wanting to read. I spend a lot of the between season time reading and then forget about the tv stuff. By the time the new shows start, I'm down to a controlled wait.