Wish me luck...

Its now been over 4 months since my partner lost his job, and I am selling things on ebay to try to pay the bills. He has had no success in applying for jobs, not even a single interview, and we put this down to the shortage of work around the area. My mother has suggested it may also be his age - he's 35 and she says companies usually want someone younger to train up. Well, I have only ever worked in a superstore, filling shelves, and I left at 18 when my first child was born. But I'm only 24 so she thinks I'd have more luck. I know the superstores will be hiring Christmas staff from September, so I'm planning to apply where I used to work. Fingers crossed...
I just left ebay looking to see who was selling avon. But I would not make any money to cover the fees. I wish he gets something soon. I am looking to find consignment stores to bring in some clothing. I need extra cash. I started selling avon for $10 maybe you could look into doing that till the job comes along. the extra money is nice.
I was trying to set up my own business before this all happened, I found a great wholesaler, but now I can't spare the money to invest in it. Its a UK based wholesaler though so probably no use to you. I used to sell avon but when I moved, I signed all my customers over to a friend, and my new neighbours didn't order from me so I quit
I would like to know about the wholesaler. If you like bath and body products we could trade sellers. I buy from a lady on ebay. I use the products myself and gift them fro holiday's and I recently opened a store on ecrater to resell them. You could start with having a bath and body party in your home . I wil have one in november.. by then I will have lots of products..
The wholesaler I found sells mystical things, incense products, pagan, tarot and suchlike. If you're interested let me know and I'll send you their details
@godarna (223)
Unemployment is a big problem in a greater part of the world. The only thing you can do is believe in yourself, and go on applying for jobs. One day it'll come. And 35 is not really that, isn't it. May be a course to widen the horizon? Anyway, I cross my fingers for you.
I feel your pain. I just to be in a similar situation a few years ago. I was praying and still God was not answering my prayers. I guess it must be not the right time for me because I was praying for His guidance. Anyways with patience I was able to get back to a better situation. I pray that you will be able to turn things around, don't give up. As long as we live there is hope. Just continue to pray. I do not wish luck for you since that is fleeting, I wish blessings to abound in your life.
I am a Christian, my partner is a non believer. I know he is worried about our financial circumstances, but I feel quite calm most of the time, because I truly believe God will provide. Thank you for your blessings
That's a great initiative, Marianne. I wish you all the luck. Christmas indeed is a busy time for retail business. I am sure you'll be hired soon. Also, I hope your husband will have some luck in finding suitable job.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me just feel impression to the manager that you the one to be hired so that they feel said you are about to start in your job,and your attire in the interview be smart.
@jricky1 (6809)
Wish you good luck my friend.Just try to apply more on the internet.You may find that there would be some other opportunities for you.Don't only stick to the supermarket,we try to know about other field and not all people has an understanding about those fields before they entering those works,Be confident and wish you good luck.
@tessa9 (1086)
I think it may also be about his age. In the place that I work in they only hire people at there 20's and it will be an advantage of some sort if you are single. I think your husband should start a small business or something. Good luck on your future endeavor. I was selling on eBay awhile back but there are no more customer :(.
@Amanda81587 (3046)
Well i wish you luck and I am sure since you have worked there before and if nothing bad has happened with you working at that company then you should be okay and a good option. I know it is very hard to find a job now a days if that does not work then try temp agencies.