I went to the food pantry twice this month.

Last week I found three pairs of jeans for the winter to fit me. I got adrain a few shirts and some food for my house. Today I found a cabinet painted so pretty to put all my lotions and things inside. It fit right on top of my dresser and has three draws in it. I found two sheets and one cover for my sister. I got a pink sheet with two pillow cases for kay kay to take with her. I got 5 shirts for myself. They had very little food so I got one pack of cold cuts,a large thing of peanut butter. some crackers and two soups.
@ladym33 (11008)
I didn't know that had clothes at food pantries that is pretty nice. My mom volunteers at a Food Pantry and she told her supervisor that my husband was out of work and we have no income so they let her get my family some food and some school supplies for the kids, that was really nice. I hate to have to do it, but with no income coming in right now it was very helpful. I have donated plenty over the years. I am going to go myself next time.
A lot of people who have donated in the past are now finding themselves on the receiving end. In this economy, there are a lot of people who are struggling to stay afloat.
My husband is Type 2 diabetic and we never find any food that has less sugar. I buy what I can wen it goes on sale and never use boxed meals. It is hard to find foods that have less sugar. I am on food stamps so that helps a little, but I am going to have really stretch that out because my husband may be losing his part-time job which will leave us with no income at all.
@stephcjh (32327)
It sounds like you got alot of nice things from there. I have not been to one of those in years.
@carolscash (9500)
That is nice. Our pantries around here do not offer clothes. I wish that they did as we could all use some stuff.
In my country there´s no food pantry nor food stamps or coupons. If you want anything you have to buy it. But there are places where clothes are unexpensive and second hand stores. As for food, the only way to stretch your money is to learn to cook cheap food. I never go to a restaurant unless I´m invited, not even to buy a coffee. And I don´t buy soft drinks to save on that too. If it weren´t for mylot, I wouldn´t know those places existed in the US. I´m glad you have them and they can be of use to you
Well, you sure made a haul. When my granddaughter ws pregnant she would go down to the Planned Parenthood office and could chose anything she liked. She always would chose things for everyone else. SHe is very giving and whatever she has she always wants to share it with others. That is how to be too. Makes you a happier human being if you can share what you have and make others happy.
@winterose (39918)
that's amazing you go girl
I have not gone to a food pantry around here. I thought they only allowed one time, but I see they allow you to go for more. Which is good that helps you when you need it. Sounds like you got some nice stuff too.