Mylot friends taught me how to be a better parent..

I have to say I am a good mother. The stuff I endured with kay kay not too mny would put up with. I have to also admit you taught me to be a better parent. I learned to listen more and not be so upset. I learn how to reason with her better instead of yelling at her. I don't hit her which sometimes I want to just knock her out. LOL but that will never happen. Now she is leaving next month and I am so happy this day is coming. I would like to thank all of you who helped me become the better mother I am today. I finally got her to stop smoking and hopefully she is sticking to it when she is away from home. Thanks so very much for all the help.
Yes as parents our children do not come with parenting manuals. So it is always best to seek additional help while undergoing issues with children. I am glad that all of us can help as we too learn as we also see the issues that others go through. I am glad that all is working out for you and KK and that her future will be changing. I do hope she does go into Job Corp as this will certainly help with making a better future for her. You are welcome and of course we are all here to help anytime.
@dev1506 (167)
Good wishes for you and your children.....
Welcome to mylot..
@dev1506 (167)
Thank you so much.....
@sjvg1976 (18411)
Hello Gifts, Its nice to hear that you have been a better parent now. I always learn things from here while going through the discussions.Its great support i get from my friends here. That will be bad if she starts smoking again its bad for her health you should talk to her.
She said she will not smoke again and I hope and pray she is telling the truth.
hi gifts I am glad if mylots helped in any way but I always thought you were a good mother anyway. I know all my mylotter friends here have helped me become a better person too. You have channeled your love for KK in such a way you got through to her now and I think she has realized at last how much you really love her. I am so happy for you both when she leaves as she is going to make a great start for a better life for herself..I know you will miss her but you know in your heart this is a start to the right direction. God bless you both. hugs from hatley.
You are one person I know cares for me and my daughter. I feel it everytime I read your response. I will miss her like crazy and will not tell her. because I know she will want to break the rules and come home. I am going to go to the library to type her a wonderful letter to read on the plane. I love that girl from the core of my heart.
@stephcjh (32327)
I hope she sticks to it also. My daughter will not listen or do one thing I tell or ask of her. She is so hateful and she is going in the wrong direction in life and there is nothing I can do about it now.
@jricky1 (6808)
As we all know that friends on mylot are so warm-hearted and i think i'm lucky each time i post a topic,then so many people came to answer and try to find some ways to support me and ways to solve it.Good luck and just say it when you have confusions,friends here would definitely help you out.lol
@sid556 (31005)
It's so good to hear that you two are in a better spot than you were a year ago. I remember some of the stories and know how trying it all was. I'm sure that she will still have her moments but it sounds as if you have gone through the worst of it and things are looking up. I hope she does well!
Thanks, and you're welcome. I hope I did my part to encourage you to stand up for yourself when it comes to dealing with her loser boyfriend.
Well, if I helped you in any way I am glad. I have some outspoken beliefs and tend to spout them. Mother is a tough gig, no maybe's about that. The hard part is knowing when you step back and let them step down into life and make their own mistakes. They tend to drive you buggy. lol
Raising kids isn't easy. I'm glad that your daughter is headed off toward something that is more positive than the path that she had been on. Hopefully, she will stick to not smoking; however, that really depends on who she befriends once she gets there.
@inertia4 (27713)
Hey Now! You;re welcome. We all aim to help here and we all look out for our friends. I am glad you learned here and I am happy that your daughter stopped smoking. These are good things. You did the best you could and thats all anyone could ever ask for.
@Amanda81587 (3046)
Well I hope everything goes well for you and I hope she has truely changed her ways. It would better the lives of both of you. As for your good parenting skills you had them all along you just needed a little bit of guidance! Good wishes to you and your family!