Is she nuts? Or secretly loaded?

My sister's new baby is due in March. Last month she gave her son's expensive pushchair to a charity shop. She is also getting rid of all his clothes and baby toys. I have 3 kids and the only reason I get rid of things is to pay for new things for them or if they are unusable. My sister has just quit university and doesn't have a job, why on earth is she throwig out her baby items?!
@blue65packer (11835)
Boy that is crazy! I think your sister is livng off alot of assistent form the goverment. Maybe that is why she is getting rid of all that stuff! She has the money to replace everything she got rid of! That is my look at this! If this is not happening she is trying to live frugal.
I think, while it is generous for her to give these things away, it just isn't very wise with a new baby on the way. Maybe she wants to have a more simple lifestyle for the new baby. I always thought cribs were a waste, and that a baby would be just as happy in a shoebox! Though I'm sure she will set up something nicer than a shoebox, I still think a baby would look cute in one.
I don´t understand that way of thinking as in my family we recycle everything even though my daughters have both very good jobs. Why don´t you ask your sister and talk to her? Even if she has the money, it´s a pity to get rid of good things.