I got my computer fixed last night..

I still don't know what was wrong with it. The man is Chinese and for the life of me I could not understand him. I said to him what it was doing like cutting off and pages popping up all over the place. And the entire page was highlighting in blue. It was pissing me off so bad I slammed my computer. Well He plugged it in turned it on and started talking. All I understood was $20 fee. LOL he showed me step by step what he was doing which was something I still could not understand. so,now I sit here with my laptop fixed and I am happy again. Funny right..
@stephcjh (32327)
Yeah. I hate it when I cannot understand what someone is saying. It is not their fault but I hate the language barrier.
I did not mind it at all I just wanted my computer fixed and it was for sure. He was just finishing when I got there.
hi gifts I am glad he only charged you twenty dollars. this reminds me of the first time after I got on cable internet and the electricity went off. I was knocked off the net oaf course. I did not know anything about modems or routers.So this woman came on line when I told them I needed a repair person to comne get me back on the net. they said selma can help me to do it myself. So Selma came on with a thick German accent., You blah blah the tiny blah blahn then wait a blah minute,then blah the tiny blah again nor wait a minute blah router you blah blah the tiny blah wait a minute blah the blah wire then blah blah it too for a blah minute. So I made the error of asking her to repeat that slowly and I got the same exact words.so I said sorry I cannot understand you so please send a repair person as I want back on the line. so they did and thank goodness he spoke English. Her was gruff at first telling me this was something I could have done myself so I told him just what Selma had told me. He laughed and said" I don't know why they insist on using her as trouble shooter. then he showed me you pulled out the tiniest cord on the modem wait a minute then plug it back in, now wait a minute then pull the tiniest cord on the router,wait one minute then plug it back in.this resets you so you are back on the internet and cable again. So then I could do it for myself.My son also showed me how and left me a diagram of it all. I have had to know that now six times when the electricty was off. And I have alwa ys got my self back on the
wish my daughter could have fixed it. It looked like it was very easy to do. That german woman was the wrong person to pick up the phone that day. I am glad they sent out a tech to her her.
Well I'm happy you got your laptop fixed so cheaply! Thats great. My laptop cost $104 to fix mine.
Oh My I thought it would at least cost $50. That is what it cost me the last time to fix it.
It is all so complex I get over stressed trying to understand the tech when I have to call. Recently they started taking over the computer and doing the tasks themselves which I think is great. I had more trouble understanding indies techs especially when i am upset over the thing not working.
I can understand your point. I get very upset trying to hear them on my phone when I need help with something too.
Yes, its very frustrating. Glad you got it fixed though.
You are lucky that whatever it was he was doing and you not able to understand him that he did not charge more. Perhaps it was something very simple but even IT people charge much higher fees. LOL, I know you heard $20 and that is all you needed to hear. Glad it is back in working order and hum, don't slam it again because it may not survive next time.
I will not slam it again. If it had broke I would be out there pushing my avon till I got a new one. LOL .
OMG LOL. Same here too. I wonder if your Chinese guy has a brother who fixes computers in Guelph. Drives me nuts that I can't understand him, and he speaks so friggen fast too! My HP Certified husband managed to fix my laptop for me. Yay for technical support! ;)
That was great your hubby can do that. I know I want to take a computer course so I can learn to help myself.
@bagarad (12742)
• Paso Robles, California
Few things are more frustrating than a computer that won't work right. If you call the hardware peope, they blame the software. If you call the software people, they blame the hardware. When you earn your money on your computer, you just can't have it down for long or you lose business and can't stay in touch with your customers. I'm glad your computer is fixed -- even it you couldn't understand the tech guy. It's always such a relief to have your computer working again.
@inertia4 (27713)
I am happy for you. We all need our computers. But I would have had him write down what he was doing so that you could read over it at a later time. But, either way, have fun with your new fixed computer.
@lumenmom (1996)
That really is funny about the language barrier, but at least you understood the $20.00. Boy, that would have been music to my ears.
@kingparker (9698)
So, how could he understand what you want if he doesn't English at all. I just wonder, and I wish I could be there to help you out a little, because I do speak Chinese. Oh well, I guess that your computer was infected with virus, isn't it why the screen is blue, and some pages pops up?
@jpso138 (7868)
I agree that it is funny indeed. It was also amazing how he was able to make it through considering the language barrier. But what is really great is the amount he charged you for the repair. In our area, I can hardly find someone who will charge a fee even for just a minor repair. It usually cost higher.
@choybel (5059)
...All I understood was $20 fee. Nice to hear you got it fixed, even if you really didn't know what happened and what he did. I'm still laughing right now.