What is friends when you don't respond?

@jaiho2009 (39019)
I saw and read few topics where few mylotters were asking how to start a quality discussion etc. It is because they do not received good number of responses. Sometimes,good and quality topics don't get/or receives good number of responses due to time difference. Mylotters came from different parts of the globe with different time zones. That is given..and granted. But... Still...a friend's topic can be find at "friend's started" So,if you really want to support a friend, and you really count those ones in your lists as friends.. You will surely check on your "friend's started" and response to their topic. Just asking and sharing your views. Anyway, I am also guilty for not responding my friends started/topic these few days due to whatever reason that I am not my usual self as mylotter who is ever addicted here. I was not active much this past days...I will make for all my misses and be myself again. Have a good day everyone jaiho® 9/03/2011 12:42pm PT (Saturday)
hi jai, Well as of me I used to it Coz myself was not also able to reply to all my friends discussion because some of their discussion is not my interest at all or their discussion is something I can't relate but I make sure at least if they have many topics I will reply to one or two of it. love yah
@jaiho2009 (39019)
I understand when we cannot relate to our friend's topic as I do. I do not respond to any topic that I can't relate with. Anyway, I know you always support your friends...in many ways and whatever ways
nyahaha!
@jaiho2009 (39019)
you are my..their,her,his personal assistant right?
@sjvg1976 (18386)
Oh Jaiho thats how i found your discussion too as now a days i search for the discussions started by my friends first and then go for other tabs. I know you were not so much active as you normally remain on MYLOT but i can understand that sometimes we people get too busy in our offline works that we don't get time to be online.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello sjvg, I always come online here in mylot, but I don't have much time responding and scanning friends topic. I did my best today and keep scanning since this morning to make up my loss and missing friend's topic as well. I am busy with personal things/ off line work yes... thanks for the response and have a good day jaiho®
I just answer whatever questions interest me or what I happen to see. I don't look for posts by certain people or anything like that. I think people should respond to discussions how they want to is up to them.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello mrsgoody, Nice of you, and I do same thing too. I respond to topic that I can relate with, not only to my friend's topic but to every mylotter as long as I can relate with the topic. thanks for your response and have a good day jaiho®
@ankitbhat (269)
i cant say much about this one because i am a newbie on this site but one is for sure that the topic the person begins should be of other people interests as well
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello ankitbhat, Yes, it doesn't appear when you don't have same interests at all. That's one reason... Anyway, it's good to see you again and let me greet you this time "welcome to mylot" have a good day always jaiho®
@myfb2009 (8304)
Don't worry my sister Jai, i will always respond to your discussion whenever i have the ideas to share with you...I do always checked out regularly the topics which started by my friends and in fact, you can see that majorities of the discussions which i am responding are belonging to my friends. Only sometimes when i have more time to online, then i will also checked out topics under my interests. I will always support my friends, whenever i can come to Mylot...Indeed, it is wonderful to be able to support each others whenever we can...Hope you always healthy and fine over there, sis...
@jaiho2009 (39019)
dear sis, I know you are always here to support your friends, and you always respond to friend's topic whenever you come online. That's one good way to have a closer relationship with friends here in mylot. That's how I found my family here.. have a good day always sis, jaiho®
@myfb2009 (8304)
Wow, happy to hear that you have found your family through Mylot. Hope one day able to meet you face to face too, dear sister... Do stay happy always....
@jaiho2009 (39019)
I am sure you will slowly find a bunch of sister/s, brothers and tons of friends here my dear sis .. thanks for the wishes and wish you the same too
@dpk262006 (56170)
Hi Jai Do you mean to say that till one's friends support each other, s/he is not likely to get large number of responses? If post is simple, easy to understand and it has some sum and substance, it will surely get good number of responses.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello dpk, Well, I am just trying to respond to those topic where other mylotters are asking why they are not receiving responses regarding their topics. We can never blame some who are conscious once they do not received good number of responses when they have hundreds friends on their lists. Thanks for your response and have a good day jaiho®
@dpk262006 (56170)
Receiving responses depends upon many factors e.g. quality and simplicity of a post.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
There are few factors and yes, quality and catchy titles will do
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
that's fine sister, you can always make-up with me. i hope by this time, you already resolved anything that troubled you for the past days. miss you.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello neil, Oh yeah, I always try to catch up friend's topic. It's really hard when you do not received any notification :( I am doing fine dear brother and how's the little kiddo sis, jaiho®
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
yeah, it's really hard to catch up with friends' when you are not notified. he's doing good. thanks.
@2wicelot (2948)
Just because you don't respond to a discussion started by a friend doesn't make you a bad friend. It is almost impossible to respond to all discussions friends have started for a some reasons. It could be that there are too many friends and you can't respond to them all. It could be that there are too many discussions started which is not possible to respond to them all. It could also be that the discussions are not of interest to you and you can not contribute to them. So I think there are many reasons not to respond to a discussion and that doesn't make you a bad friend for not responding.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello twicelot, Thanks for sharing your views and thought on this matter. I can see that you enjoys mylotting, have a good day always jaiho®
@2wicelot (2948)
Thanks
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
thanks for explaining. Does the time difference really matter? Can't you start a quality discussion if the friend is responding 4 or 6 hours later? The only question I have is: How to find friends?
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello WUK, Follow what did 3SB written here to send friend's request. Yes, the time difference matters a lot. You can check on "new" and see how many topic were posted without responses, that means only few mylotters were online during that time. You will get to know more ,just be active and keep mylotting. Keep responding to topics that you can relate with. have a good day and enjoy mylotting jaiho®
@KrauseHome (35034)
Yes, due to time difference and the amount of time I have to be in here, there are many times I am behind in responding back to discussions that are first started, and personally there are probably a lot of good ones that I have missed. The problem sometimes is how fast New discussions are being started etc. to find the time to ever even keep up for just a bit. But it is exciting, and I find myself responding back even to discussions that are even a couple of yrs. old and continue to enjoy doing so as well.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello Tina, I understand about it ma'm. We cannot t overlook on with friends topic esp when we are not on time and missed a day with mylot. I am not active here in mylot like before, so I also missed few friends topic esp that I do not receive mylot notification for almost a year now. So, scanning friend's started is a bit laborious for me, but it works fine , still I missed a few. Thanks for your response and have a good day jaiho®
• Mexico
Hi jaiho: I agree with your statement. When I watch the discussions on Mylot, one of my first priorities is to look into my friend's discussions and I answer the ones that I feel concerned with and of course, the onews where I can give a quality contribution because that's what should matters. That's the reason why I love my notifications so must, they make me notice about what my friends are doing. ALVARO
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello Alvaro, I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for always coming to my topic. I am thankful that my topics catches your attention, and you can always relate to my subject/s. Even if you don't come everyday like before,you never missed to response to my topic dear friend. Thank you and have a good day jaiho®
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
Hi sweetie. Sorry, missed this one for some reason. Anyway, i try to respond to as many friends as possible, but as i don't always know how to respond, i will rather skip it. If i knew the answer to everything i could respond to each topic on mylot. Just imagine.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
dear saphy, Hehehe...I can't imagine sweetheart I also lost my mind sometimes...I can't respond even to topic/s that I can relate with
@Bluedoll (17069)
Just thank you for posting this. I am new and a little lost here at the moment but your words make sense to me. I can be guilty as anyone at being organized, over busy or simply forgetful. It does make sense to me to respond back to people. I suppose you only will get something out of what you do put into it.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello Bluedoll, You need to participate with your friends topics esp those topics that you can relate with. You also need to comment back to responses that you received from your topic. That's the best way to inter-act and have fun here in mylot while earning. have a good day and welcome to mylot jaiho®
Hi Jaiho, its good that you satrted this topic. I have been in mylot for about three years already but i am not very active. When i respond to topics, i always look at the discussions my friend started, but sometimes i could not relate to it or i could not contribute any, so i just don't repond. I also look at the topics started by other mylotters even if they are not my friends but if i can contribute something, i usually respond. Well, i just say sorry to my frisnd whom i dont respond to. I just want to contribute something that is useful to every mylot members.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello triple, Good to see you and wish you will be active soon. Yes, better respond to topics that we can relate with, not necessarily from a friend's topic. But of course, better check friend's topic first before scanning to other's topic. have a good day jaiho®
@jazel_juan (15767)
I do make it a point to visit that friend's started tab. It is where i usually find quality discussions But like you i am also guilty of not replying to some of their discussions as i am busy in my own crazy world. But in due time, i will get back to my mylot obligations..
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello jazel, That's good of you, to visit friend's started tba- yes that's the best place to re-trace friends topic. I understand we all have our own choices, like I also check new topic after scanning and responding to friends topic, then..check on my interests before going to top and hot topics. have a great weekend jaiho®
@Sreekala (22895)
Dear sister, I have turned ‘on’ the notifications of almost all friends and I am getting the notifications in my inbox when they started topics (I hope I am receiving notifications correctly). I was not here for a long time and my inbox is flooded with notifications. Due to the bad health I can’t check all those and reply to all, only I can do to concentrate the current topics. I am lacking much energy and it again prevents me to respond all people. But I am trying my best now. I hope slowly I will do justice to all friends. Have a great weekend dear sister.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
dear sis It's nice to see you back, that's fine for the meantime. I know you have a lot of things to do,scanning all friends topic and I am sure it's a kilometers long now (hehehe) have a great weekend dear sis and take care always sis, jaiho®
@secretbear (19466)
Hi jaiho! You have a point, since there is time difference, some friends will not immediately see the discussions started by their friends especially if they have turned off the notifications for that friend. However, if the notifications are on and the friend checks email regularly, then they will not miss the discussion. So there are still chances for that discussion to get lots of responses (if the myLotter has lots of friends). Also, I think starting a discussion under a popular interest would increase the chances of it getting lots of responses because lots of people who has that interest will see that discussion. But I think the main factor here is how your discussion can relate to other myLotters and to your friends. I mean, if they cannot relate, or if they don't find it interesting, chances are, they will not respond to it. So I think, starting a discussion that's interesting where lots of people can relate to, is a key to get lots of responses.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello secret, Yes, there are few factors to be considered. Time difference and also notification/s. And, yes...the topic,if we can relate or not. I don't respond to topics that I cannot relate with, it's not easy to write or share our views. Thanks for your response and have a good day jaiho®
@stanley777 (7177)
Hi jaiho, I think I can say I'm guilty as such. There are reasons why some of our friends could not respond to our discussion, maybe because members came from different parts of the globe. They have their own culture or different upbringings so sometimes we can not relate to their discussion. Have not experienced the topic of discussion and many others.Or maybe some are busy with their works off line. In my case if ever I have an idea or opinion that I could share to a friends discussion I'm happy to share it. In that way I can show him/her that I really appreciate his/her friendship.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello stan, I understand about it, as I do same thing. I only respond to topic/s that I can relate with. I don't want to jump into any discussion and look like a fool/stupid with my response not related to the topic..all because s/he is my friend But,if ever I can share something about the topic, I promise I will never skip that one. Thanks for your response and have a good day jaiho®
@Porcospino (17817)
• Denmark
I always read my friends' discussions before I read the other discussions, because I want to respond to the discussions that my friends have started if I know something about the topic. Sometimes I just read the discussions and leave them without responding, because I don't feel that I am able to contribute to the topic. Some of my friends start many discussion about their own country, there is nothing wrong with that, but I am not able to respond to their discussions, because I don't know anything about the local events, problems etc in that country.
@moneywinner (1866)
• Brazil
I agree with you. Sometimes, is good to see our friend's discussions and respond to them. First, because as your friend, probably is going to be a interesting discussion to you. Second, is always good to help your friends, because, most of the times, the discussion is good, but like you said, if the time isn't good, you have the chance that no one see your topic. Third, I'm sure that your friends would do the same for you.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
hello money, I always do, I always check my friend's topic first before going to "new" or other interest. That's my usual routine, my way of supporting my friends. Thanks for your response and have a good day jaiho®