People are always crying broke..

And they are the very same people who won't try to help themselves get better life. I am so tired of hearing how they don't have this or that but they bought shoes and clothes. How can you skip paying your rent to buy anything. I value my roof over my fridge any day of the week. I am living on ssi and I chose to sell avon. which means I chose to better my life. How can I get people to stop talking about what they don't have to me? I don't want to hear it anymore. I pay 5 extra bills every month and once they are paid off I don't plan to buy from them again. Causing myself to have and extra $150.00 a month income. I can't make anyone stop crying broke to me. But,I have to find a positive way to tell them to get off their you know what and try to help themselves.
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
I learned there is no positive way to tell them to stop complaining and crying. Might be they never learned to pay what is most important first, or they are shop aholics, but they also learned that if they complain about not being able to pay the rent there will always show up some one who will do that for them. So they learned it works if you complain because there will always be someone who will feel pity for you. Tell them you are not interested in their stories anymore and if they really need help you will help them to make a list how to spend the income and which bills to pay first. If you still can't get rid of them or their crying start crying yourself and ask for money!
I might just have to start dragging their ears down as well.
@inertia4 (27792)
I hear what you're saying. Now, they might not have enough to make ends meet and you're right about, then they go out and buy luxuries instead of paying their bills. But have you ever encountered people who have everything and they complain that they have nothing, or how hard it is to survive. I know someone just like that. That bothers me more. It's like that old saying, "They cry poverty with 2 loafs of bread under their arms." I am on your side.
No I don't know anyone like that. All my friends and family are just about living on a fixed income and poor. That is so terrible though..
@inertia4 (27792)
I know. I am also on a fixed income and I am just about making it myself. Thats why I have been looking for something on the side to make some extra money. Thats one reason I come here and some other sites as well. Good luck with your avon.
I have encounter this kind of people, and what I hate this person is making me broke too. I had $17 I earn by collecting every cents I have, im a student and the only way i earn extra income is babysitting my eldest sister's son or when my mother asked me to deliver something to my grandma's house. And I know a person, I offered the person a free ride to the city but in the end i paid all the bill. I didnt mind bought the person a lunch if the person bought a decent food but the person picked the most expensive food and drink in the caffe, i was only buy mineral water and chips. And also i had to pay for the several items that the person purchased. Im so upset and my mother talked to me not to be kind to that kind of person anymore, the person has a lot of branded items and got pocket money from its parent more than I do, but crying broke all the time.
@bagarad (13032)
• Paso Robles, California
I was just telling my husband about some people who don't seem to care about making extra money on line, even when I do all I can to help get them started -- even getting physically involved with helping them, reminding them, etc. They these aren't materialistic people who are expecting other people to cover their needs while they spend money on things they don't need. And these aren't lazy people. They work hard for what they do get. One in particular knows a lot about home repairs and plumbing. He is on HubPages and does a lot of plumbing repairs. HubPages has had a contest running where only about 12 people a day are entering and it's all about plumbing. I urged him to enter, since they give two $50 prizes a day and the competition is not heavy. During this time he did a plumbing job for me and I even took pictures of what he was doing, left the camera for him to use as he worked, and then sent him the pictures he'd need to write his piece. The contest ends today, I think, and he hasn't written an entry yet. To be fair, he is not always claiming to be broke, but he does need to earn money and he does like to write. So I'm kind of suprised he never entered. I have decided it's not a good use of my time to try and help in this way anymore. Maybe some people are perfectly happy to not make money unless a sudden need comes up.
Your a great person to try and help him like that. I wish I could get some help like that.
Oh, girl I just know what you mean. You have found a solution for you, and I am working at writing as a solution for me. If I can pay ahead on some bills, by this time next year I will have at least two hundred a month more. Sometimes people need to shut their mouths and put on their walking shoes or their typing fingers.
I hope you and i can pay down these bills. $150 sounds great to me.
@peavey (16876)
I've come to the conclusion that some people just don't understand money. Like some people don't understand math or English, they just don't get it. I don't know whether is because they've not been taught or whether it's some kind of block in their heads, but I suspect it's because of the way they've been raised and/or the way the government hands things out. Kids are too often raised with parents giving them everything they ask for and never teaching them that those things cost real money. They don't have to work for anything, so they don't see the reason when they grow up. The government tends to encourage this attitude with slack welfare laws, and I'm certainly not against welfare or anything else that helps people when they need it. But this sense of entitlement only grows when Uncle Sam picks up the tab for everything.
I agree with you here. People need to get up and do something for themselves. Like my daughter who I feel sorry for life will kick her in the rear in due time.
I understand totally!!! The person in my life with this woe-is-me attitude is my mother. She complains about not having money and not being able to pay bills but is the same person that finds a reason to buy unnecessary things. Then when bills come in the mail she doesnt even open them because ''the thought of it gives me a headache''. I say nobody can help you unless you help yourself.
Wow that s terrible and I agree with you on this one. I hope she gets this dealt with before it gets out of hand.
@jazzyrae (1747)
honestly you can not stop it. My aunt lied about income to get on food stamps. my boyfriends brother has money and buys the latest stuff and expects people to loan him money all the time. my boyfriends aunt was complaining about public assistance droping them when her 16 year old daughter has the latest iphone manicure pedicure holister cloth's and thier son who is not even old enough to drive has a new car and every electronic device in the world. I will never be like this. Honestly though i think the goverment has spoiled people with all the free money i know some people need it but to many people take advantage of the system
I had my fari share of hearing the drama. I have to remove myself from some of these people. and it will be good to do it over the winter months.
hi gifts yes I can sympathize as some people with mnoney do not have the sense of a bed bug. they will splurge on clothes and personal items then cry as they do not have all the rent money. to me I pay my bills first, and as for the rent and food here Goldcrest has my checks come to them so on the first or third myrent and food come out and what is left is mine to keep a whole 125 but see I have a place to live a nice room three meals a day and help if I need it so its not altogether bad. I have made 35 dollars on line between mylot and mysurvey.com.okay not a lot but it helps me pay my 8 dollar phone bill and over half my cable internet bill so I am helping myself. In fact I made twenty dollars all told this month on mysurvey and the first ten helped pay my internet bill then, I get my internet bill just about the same time tha mylot send our earnings to paypal so works great for me. .
What kind of internet do you have. My service is 30 bucks a month with cable vision..
What bothers me is when they talk about not having money and needing help, yet they just bought a video game system, a ipad, or a new car that came with a hefty car payments. That's ridiculous to me. Or they already have something, but they want a newer model and are thinking about borrowing money for it. Even if they are already in debt. Quit spending money on things you either don't need, or you do need but could get way cheaper (like a car).
That is just the worst mess a person could say to me. Buying stuff when they could be happy with what they have already.
@stephcjh (32327)
Exactly. I get sick of hearing it too. I work online daily with alot of sites and people who need money could do the same thing but they choose not to.
That is why no one can get my mylot cash anymore. I would give it to my daughter and now it will not happen anymore. I will keep my own money and pay down some bills.
My mother and father taught me at a very early age that people who are like that are not worth helping. It's like pouring good water into a leaking bucket.
That was a good thing to learn early on in life. I never heard that before.
I know Gifts, people will poor mouth to you all the time hoping that you will give them a handout. I live on SSD, and I write for a second and third income. I write for Associated Content, I write for an independent business, and I have just started a new business with someone else that will make its debut tomorrow. I have high hopes for this second business, but it won't be as lucrative as the one I have now with my other writing boss.. but if he ever falls slack, I will have my own business to fall back on.. so I want to build it from the ground up so that by January I have a full staff of writers/spinners to do the work that will come in. I don't expect to get rich off it, but I do expect to always to be able to care for my own needs and wants.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me yes because they feel not good in there life keep up the good work.
True. Most people who are broke, no offense, and who keeps complaining a lot are whining instead of working on a solution. My mom had a moment in her life where she is really helpless. No financial aid in her way but she had this mind set to work hard and not let her problems with money interrupt her goals. She made it and went through with her problems and until now, she has never failed to remind me how Fate favors you sometimes in life. It must come with your effort as we all know that God provides those who recognizes opportunity in problems.
Yes, some people are like that. Always crying broke and never grateful of what they have, they have psp, they have latest laptop, have latest cellphone, have branded clothes branded bags and not forget their jewelry that makes them looks like a living jewelry store but they crying broke when they have to pay for their own lunch, expected other people to pay for their expensive lunch. Oh my God, that kind of person doesnt deserve to be helped. We are struggle to save some money but they just spent what we saved without the feeling of guilt. It is a lesson I will never forget.
We lived in a duplex just before we moved in here. The people that lived were a young couple and two kids. THey decided they wanted to go on vacation so they just up and took their rent money and went to an amusement park in Utah for the week. When they got back they tried to play off like they just didn't have the money for rent but yet their kids had stuff with the name of the amusement park and were playing with it out in the yard. They were evicted. I really don't think there is anything you can say to this type of people. Most are lazy and immature. They think the world owes them aliving and nothing you can say will change that. Just allianate them and make it hard for you. I just make sure that I don't help them because that just make them think this way all the more.
Yes some people are this way as they are somehow trying to say they need more. I can understand anyone not able to do certain things to earn, due to health and or issues in their lives. However, when they complain about the wrong things in life you have to wonder if they have their priorities straight. Food, rent and bills must always come first, but then there are those that indulge first on electronics and fancy things.
I find that true too. There are people I know of who always whine about not having too much money but aren't doing anything about it. They know, for sure, what to do with their problem but they just sit there doing nothing.