I almost told my daughter to move out.

My landlord does not want her boyfriend here at all. I told this to my daughter and her boyfriend and still he keeps coming here. I told him yesterday that the landlord would be here in the morning and that I did not want any problems. well guess who walked in my house today while the landlord was right next door with my neighbors door open. He saw him and mentioned it to my neighbor. I told my daughter to get him out of here. Then she is asking me why the landlord has a problem with him since he is not hanging on the corner any more. I said just go and kept saying it. then she was like where is Abraham why does he have a problem with him. and not knowing it he was standing right behind me. I looked at her real hard an told her to just go. she came back a few minutes later alone. I will get in her tail when she gets back inside here. She has no right to risk my place for her loser xyz boyfriend. just because she loves him don't mean we have to. If I had told her to leave I know she would not be going to job corp.
@jazzyrae (1747)
that sounds stressfull your daughter needs to respect the fact that if she wants to hang out with him it can't be at your house it's not a hard request
She just wants to be hard headed and I am not having it anymore.
• Marion, Kansas
What would happen if you called his parole officer and told him about the situation?
His case is not over yet he does not have parole right now. he has another court date. I just want to get her out of this town and away from his controlling ways.
So sad that she is so young and enraveled in that man! I don't see any good ever coming of it. And he is so disresptful as to come around when he knows he is causing his girl and her mother problems. What a piece of work! He will go down in annuals of time as a real piece of work.
He is a loser and his own mother will tell you that. what a shame it has become.
And she stands by him. It is a shame.
Wow this is scary to hear gifts and I keep wondering if he is going to keep her from going to job corp. How will she survive after she is gone? I really hope she does not allow her relationship to stop her. Yes this situation can ruin your section 8 there, so you will have to do something as two weeks is a while yet.
I will not let him come in this house another day. She will have to go wonder the streets to be with him.
@stephcjh (32385)
I know what you mean. My daughter has pulled all kinds of things on me like this also. She will do anything for the loser she is with and do us chitty every time.
The sad part is she will have to learn on her own that he is no good for her. I am done preaching to her.
• Marion, Kansas
I hope you can keep your cool just a few more days. With it being section 8 he has the right to say no extras staying over. She usually seems to listen to you when he is not around. Good luck.
You know I feel like telling him some things she did behind his back when he was in jail so he can get mad and leave her. She had two very nice boyfriends who both worked in law firms. but now she would rather have trash in her life.
@payout (3722)
Hey gifts, I think you took it easy on her, I don't know what I would do in a situation like that.. All I can do and think about is imagining myself flipping out and saying .. If you don't get him out of here and if you have. Problem with it you can go with him as well. I don't know maybe I'm just real. Strict sometimes especially in situations like this one. Hey it's your house your rules, what you say goes and if anyone has a problem with it .. I'm sure you can assit them to the front door. This is your daughter so yeah.. Give that some more thought. But, she has to respect your authority
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I can't believe that after all you have done for your daughter that she would risk you losing your apartment for her loser boyfriend. That is showing not a bit of love or respect for you. You warned both of them and they both ignored you completely. She is going down the wrong road if she stays with this guy in my opinion. I think once she is in Job Corp you will be having alot more peace of mind and happiness. After all she has put you through she needs to keep the boyfriend far away from you. Not everyone is excepted to like him, give me a break. This really gets me upset its like he is making her act this way and she is going along with it.
She told him to leave and he came right back and stood at my freaking door. then the landlord saw him. I know he is waiting till he sees me alone to say something to me. he already asked me to move once.
I can understand how hard it is for parents when their children have a boyfriend or girlfriend that they don't like because once upon a time I was that daughter that had a boyfriend that my mother didn't like. However, she would only express to me that she didn't like him, but she would still let him into her house. The reason that she did that was because she knew (she was once a young girl herself) that he would eventually hurt me and then he would be out of my life, and he was for over ten years. He is a part of my life now, but not in the romantic sense, he's a good friend. That is what I will also do with my children because I think that kids need to learn lessons on their own.
@cream97 (29175)
This is a tight and sticky situation here. I think that your daughter has to respect the home that she is living in. If the landlord does not want her boyfriend at your home then, he and KK should just meet up at another location so that they can hang out together. If her boyfriend is really not a problem or an issue, then why doesn't the landlord want him around? I can understand him living with you all, but just for him to be hanging around just sounds like an excuse just for the lanlord to complain about.
@cutepenguin (6458)
grrr...this must be sooo frustrating for you.
@mande143 (20)
Not knowing the ages of your daughter and her boyfriend, I'm going to write as tho they are early 20's (young adults). I would let your daughter know that the situation with her boyfriend is jeopardizing the welfare of the rest of your family. Let her know that she needs to now become a responsible adult and responsible for her actions. Tell her that you love her unconditionally, but her actions are what you don't particularly care fore. Have her understand that if she really wants to be with this "boy", that this is what her life is going to be like... and name some instances that what HE does will affect what SHE does. I know it is very difficult to let your child go, but sometimes you can only do so much and then they have to take it upon themselves to put that good stuff into action. So as I see it, you have 2 choices, 1) Tell her (and him), that they need to get their own place or go to HIS place, but NOT at your place anymore, and that's final or you will report him... or 2) Forbid her to see him and stress yourself out in keeping her away from him. Now if they are still young (under 20), then #2 should be the course of action as this will affect the rest of her adult life if she makes the wrong choice now. As a parent, the most difficult thing to do is to watch your child make a terrible mistake, but you can only hope and pray that the child will soon understand that what you are doing is for HER own good and not to control her. Good luck my friend!
@sid556 (31018)
Ok, I missed something. Last I knew, KK was actually going to job corp and doing well. It seemed that the two of you were in a good spot. I get chills when I read some of these discussions because they bring me back to a time when I was going thru the same kind of crap with my daughter who is now much older and out of that stuff, thankfully. Talk to your landlord. He can issue a restraining order against her boyfriend where he is not allowed to even step foot on the property. This kind of protects you because it shows that you are not wanting him there. I had to do this with my daughter's boyfriend or I would have lost the roof over my head as well.