" Rejection is G-d's Protection"

I just heard Katie Perry say this phrase and I thought Wow! That is so true. There are some things and some people you want but the timing is so wrong so it doesn't work. And in the long run you are either safer or you are happier Because it didn't work! I see my ex this way. It wasn't the perfect fit. What was that saying? He just wasn't into me. And now I have the guy I very needed! and I didn't get my tattoo because it wasn't the right shop.So I didn't get the tattoo They wanted me to get! How about you? Can you see where rejection as protection?
@bostonphil (4397)
I came across your discussion a few days back but I did not answer immediately. I had never heard "Rejection is God's Protection" until I read your discussion. As someone who has known her share of rejection, I find the thought very comforting. And in many situations very accurate. I have not been able to stop thinking about your discussion. it has stayed with me. I searched for it just so I could answer it. But I have a question for you. I am Jewish -- Reform Jewish. I assume by the way you spell God as G-d that you must be Orthodox or perhaps Conservative Jewish. I have always been of the belief that tattooing is forbidden among Jews and that Jews who have tattoos are not allowed burial in Jewish grounds. It has something to do with desecrating the body that God gave us. Am I wrong? Of course this never applied to Holocaust Survivors.
First I am so Reformed to many I'm not Really Jewish. Case in point , Wanting a tattoo and having a dream of being cremated and have my ashes scattered in Israel. I write G-d this way because I love the reason behind it. I love that if you don't write His name completely out you can erase or delete it if you need to . Back to my dream tattoo. I once thought of getting my initials on my wrist , like where a number would have been in Nazi Germany. But then I thought of my avatar on my left wrist. But it wasn't to be. I may Never be worthy to lie in a Jewish cemetery! And lastly, didn't mean to haunt you. I just loved this saying the minute I heard it. I hope whatever you really want to do happens real soon. Follow your bliss! Take Care.
I meant haunt in a really good way and as a compliment. Your discussion stayed with me. I found it very meaningful and comforting. And I searched it days later just to respond. I too love the saying which I was not aware of until I read your discussion. It is a part of me now. Your discussion has brought me some peace. It's all good. I find your response very interesting. Reformed and Conservative Jews are now wrestling with cremation rather than burial because of their strong environmental beliefs. I still am having a problem with the idea of cremation. I am a very strong environmentalist but I have been raised that we bury. I am 66 years old and, while in good health, need to make a decision soon.
Don't leave me now we just met! 66 isn't too old. If you are in good health , they have time! I can't tell you how moved I am to hear that my little post brought you peace. Don't get me wrong, if I had the money and the connections I would want my remains to be buried in Israel. I may never get there so at least my bones would.But I don't. I know one thing that is going as my last request is to have a tree planted in my name in Israel.Enough about burial. Let's talk about hope. My hope is that you are now in a better , happy place.
@bounce58 (17524)
I think I can use a job analogy here... Nine years ago, I left a very cushy job to move my family here at where we are right now. And ever since then, I've been trying to get back into that industry that I loved so much. Along the way, I applied and got rejected by a lot of companies. Some rejections, I've taken so deeply. But I think I am learning that all those previous rejections was my protection from an eventually crappy job. And moreso, my preparation for the job I have right now.
Question , the job you have now , is it the one you always wanted or just another stepping stone? I was very lucky. I decided I would try for the job I have now in April of 1990 and by July 1990 I had the job! My next job will not be that easy.
@bounce58 (17524)
It is not. But considering that it's with the responsibility that I've always wanted; and I got a hefty raise when I moved; and that it's just 2 minutes from home (which meant I could go home for lunch); and I don't have to keep any hours; and I could goof off at anytime of the day (re: myLot), it is really close.
And you get to hang out with your kids! so it may not be the Dream but it is a good place.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, sarahruthbeth22. Yes, I can definitely see rejection as protection in my life. Especially when it comes to females in school that did not want to accept me into their group. It is a good thing that they did not accept me because they were very snobby and they have a very negative attitude about them. I also don't feel bad at all for being rejected by someone that could also cause me to get hurt or lose my life. It is better to deal with the hurt and the pain now, then to suffer in the long run.
@preethaanju (3000)
This is viewing things philosophically.If what God gives was always the right one,then why would there be so much of discontentment in married lives. If marriages are made in heaven then obviously God must have had an hand in arranging a marriage on earth. The why so many divorces and breakups.This is only regards matrimony.Its true of many areas in our life. But to look at it philosophically then its ok as us say.Accept what comes and bless God for that
I always thought that marriage was G-d punishment. Adam and Eve ate the fruit and as they were being banished they Had to marry. They had to live with the fact that Adam rated her out and Eve made Adam eat. the war of wills has begun. Love or happiness had Nothing to do with it! Being fruitful and multiplying was the Main thing.
@shivanisd (388)
yes, surely. when one door closes, another opens. i think katy perry is one of the more intelligent pop singers out there.
@inertia4 (27385)
I can see how rejection can be protection. But if something was not meant to be at one point, what makes it meant to be at a later time? Now theres a question for you. I know that what happened to me 3 and half years ago is a good thing since I reconnected with the love of my life. But, why did I have to go through all those years? That to me is not fair. I know, like os not fair. But I think that phrase works for the short term, not the long term. But either way, I agree with it.
I see it this way. each person gets their share of happiness. With us , we didn't get it when we were young , this is our time. Why did we have to go through hell?So we would be ready to truly cherish each happy moment now. I know if my childhood was all peaches and cream I wouldn't be with my guy. Somehow he fell for me as is. Every bad moment in my past made me who I am now. And he loves the Sarah I am. So in a way I'm glad I had to go through it because my guy is my reward. Some have it the opposite. Their best days were in highschool! And then get out and what? Their life has been going down hill ever since? We are lucky. We lived through hell here on earth and came through it and found love. Many are going through their hell now!
@inertia4 (27385)
I see your point, however, all the things that were shared with my ex I would have loved nothing more then to share them with T instead. I know I can share my life with her now, but the part that still gets me is the part of it that was fresh and new and exciting. It is new and exciting now, but it lacks the innocence, the going through things from the beginning thing. If you know what I mean. I love her with all my heart and feel totally comfortable, but I guess I am saying that I wish I was younger to live every moment with her. I know I lived through a hell, well for me it was more of a void, like missing years. It's almost like being in prison and loosing a big part of my life. Then I get out and say, What now? It just hurts and hurts deeply.
But I find that it is because I'm older that my love for my guy is deeper. If I had met him earlier first I wouldn't believed that he truly loved me and I would have walked away. And I can't help thinking that if you were with T back then , in your younger years, you wouldn't be as close as you are now. And yes, it was like being in prison. You can't get the time back but Inertia, You are together now. The wall you have now is easier for T to deal with. Please try not to dwell on it. You are so lucky to find T again!
This reminds me of an old Garth Brooks song from the early 90's called "unanswered prayers" about a man who meets his old girlfriend at a ballgame, remembers the good times, and then realizes how much BETTER things are with his wife. My step-daughter has a sig line in her e-mail that says something about how G-D takes something away from you so that you may receive something else.
That's the definition of my life. I have my self confidence but I am given the art of listening. I lose my dad , I'm given the strength Not to do what I don't want to. I lose my mom , I gain strength to connect to people. I lose a love Only to find A True love. With the first love I lost my worth but Right before My true one I was given it back!
I believe a lot of times when we want something and it doesn't happen for us that it isn't the right time or the right thing that we are after. I've had lots of blessings in my life and I've had a lot of prayers answered, but some prayers haven't been answered. I feel that God doesn't want that for me, or it isn't the right time for it. I do believe that God does protect us in that way. I also believe that we can bug God enough for things He will give it to us even when we aren't ready for it and then we lose it... like maybe a car we want or a home we want that we can't afford.. but we pray and pray and tease God to work it out... so God finally gives in and then we can't handle what we wanted. I think it works both ways. I don't believe in marriage being a punishment like you do. I believe if you choose the right person to commit your life to, the marriage is something you have between you that is real and tangible, and no other person can get between that.. I think of marriage as a covenant between two people, and not just a piece of paper signed by a judge or minister. I'm not married now, but IF I were ever to get married I would ask for a covenant and not a contract type of marriage.
I believe what two people have is there Before any marriage can happen. If there is a true connection then no one or nothing will come between you two.
@Rick1950 (1546)
• Lima, Peru
In my opinion, I would see rejection as God's protection if I reject everything which doesn't like Him, e.g. idolatry.
I don't understand.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me yes it if you fear to do what was wrong it is the beginning of you wisdom but if you learn what the bible really teach you know how to be more good.