Do you know the moment your mate stole your heart?

I will never forget when I met Adrian. He was sitting in his car and drinking a beer. he was stinking like a drunk and I could not stand it. I stayed and talked with him for a while and he surprised me. e was very decent and had a different vibe to himself. I told him right there I will never marry a drunk. later he asked me for a kiss. and since I did not like to kiss I said no. Later on as we got to know one another he was at my house and asked again for one. I said yes and terrified as I was I gave him one. I almost fell out the feelings ran up my feet to my head. That was the day he stole my heart. I never thought it would ever be him. I was use to thugs who never really loved me.
I remember meeting my boyfriend at a Christmas office party that I did not want to attend. Reluctant I did attend and a office co-worker brought a friend with him as they were going somewhere else afterwards. I met my boyfriend then and was not the least interested in him. Amazingly we talk a great deal and ended up staying at the party longer then I anticipated. My intention was to give an appearance and go, lol. Turns out he was a really nice person and my mind was solely thinking he would be a friend. We agreed to a platonic coffee meet up the following week. I almost canceled. But he could not wait so he called me two days later for the coffee. I thought he would truly be a nice friend and nothing more. While sitting there having coffee, I could not help but his beautiful eyes and the way he looked at me. He is such a very caring and passive person that after a few more dates, I knew he was the one for me. Now after almost 8 years, those eyes still see me the same way and thankfully I did not cancel that coffee date.
I can't imagine being in any relationship for this long. I can't wait to make it to dec 11th when it will be one year for me and adrian. Oh your story is so sweet to read.
We are truly blessed and I am so happy that you have Adrian. You have been through a great deal and having him there is so comforting. Imagine going through some of the things you did and being alone. Although we are here for you it is not the same as having a loving man with you.
@Porcospino (16434)
• Denmark
My husband and I met eachother online. We were both members of the same friendship/dating site and one day my husband sent me an email. I became interested in him and, so I wrote back and we exchanged emails for a while. On Valentines day we met for the first time. I was nervous, because I had gone on a couple of dates that didn't go that well, but I wanted to give online dating one more chance, and I am really happy that I made that decision. Our first meeting went well. We had coffee in a coffee shop and we talked for a long time. We both wanted to meet again. A few weeks later became a couple. We moved in together and became engaged and two years ago we got married.
@francesca5 (1344)
that sounds like a lovely romantic story, giftsandbags. i'm not sure when my "friend" stole my heart, as i had seen him around and quite liked the look of him, but it was probably when i saw he had blue eyes, and i have never had a relationship with a blue eyed man, and just a short while before i was talking to my daughter about men and eye colour (shes grown up, so don't worry) and she said she preferred blue and i said i preferred brown, and it just seemed funny, that my prejudices had been challenged.
hi francesca we had always laughed about it my husband had dark brown eyes, I had blue eyes very dark blue green eyes I had pale brown hair, his was black so our two children had dark dark brown hair my son had brown eyes my daughter had dark blue eyes like mine. But neither one had black hair so my hubby used to say hey how come no black hair,you been sneaking out of me.I think some of the genes from grand dad came on down the line as he also had dark brown hair and blues. Of course my hubby was always teasing me.
hello hatley, its strange, of the boyfriends i have ever had they all had brown eyes like me, and it was just so strange, suddenly meeting someone with blue eyes, he also has dark hair. but my ex husband had fair hair, but even he had brown eyes, so it was just so strange to suddenly look into a pair of blue eyes. very nice, but just so different! your example is fascinating. on my fathers side, there were 4 children three with brown hair brown eyes, and one blond with blue eyes, and both parents were brown haired brown eyes, so we have always assumed that was inherited genes. its interesting how we all turn out!
@stephcjh (32385)
I remember that day also. I was not looking for a companion when I met my husband. I was only looking for a friend because I was tired of how men treated me. My husband said he fell in love with me the first day he seen me. We became friends and he came over and helped me put up my Christmas tree. We did that and ended up watching tv all night long and talking. He stole my heart right then and there just for being there with me with no expectations. He has treated me great since then too.
I know the moment that I realized that I loved my boyfriend. He'd said something in one of our online chats (we'd met in real life, but we got involved through starting to talk online), sounding valiant, and I knew that I never wanted to risk him feeling emotional or physical pain. I knew that I wanted to protect him and that I loved him. It was like a bolt of lightening--so sharp, so clear.
What a lovely story you have shared here. What you felt must be the meaning of head over heels in love. Wish you both the best and everlasting love and dont forget to invite me to your wedding
I remember when it happened for me with my ex. He had invited me to a dance up in Hyde Park. So I went and we danced and had a grand night together. I lived in the apartment above his and I could hear him playing his guitar. One night I heard him trying to thump out Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog on his guitar. It was so touching and cute. Well, that is when he stoled my heart.
Tom actually stole my heart before I'd even met him in person. You see, the person that I dated just before I met him was a liar and lied to me about everything about his life that there was to lie to a person about. Well, Tom and I met through the computer and the first time that we actually talked to each other on the phone, he was completely honest with me and even shared things that I don't think I would have been able to share with a person that I hadn't met in person. At that point I knew that I would be spending the rest of my life with him.
@koperty3 (1877)
I don't remember exact moment as it wasn't just one moment but I remember when he impressed me but his point of view. We were speaking about music and what kind of music got the biggest impact on our life I said something that music can fill the space and my partner said that music got many dimensions. He was talking about Mozart I was talking about Rammstein ( metal band). Since that moment I was very interesting with him. I realised that I love him few months after. So basically I don't remember exact moment.