Those lip roll exercises are they goof for classical singers

@suspenseful (40326)
I have seen many online courses and singing courses . I do have the Singing Success and I also take lessons from a teacher. Now except for the lessons I take in person, a lot of the online courses emphasis the lip trills and tongue rolls. But then a lot of the online and downloaded courses are mainly for people who want to sing popular. But most of what I hear in classical has to do with scales, appegios, etc. And I did wonder whether the lip rolls, and tongue trills are a detriment to classical and consequently opera singing and rather then improve these, rather make them worse. So I wonder if there is any anger or vocal teacher here on my lot or anyone who can tell me whether the lip roll exercises and tongue trills are of any benefit to a classical singer.
I took voice lessons for many years, studied classical, Broadway, etc. These sound like a waste of time and money, based on your needs. Personally, I don't think they would benefit anyone. They are "skills" taught in elementary and middle school choir class. While they can be fun and keep kids interested, they simply are basic warm ups. Unless you plan on singing in languages which utilize these sounds, they aren't of benefit. Just my opinion, fwiw.
@suspenseful (40326)
I think it is to connect your bridges as it were. I do intend to sing in Italian, French, German, and Spanish and I already know to roll my ors. I do suspect it has to do with popular singing or singing where you are supposed to sound like everyone else like in a choir. I was in a choir and I found that choir singing did not help me since I could not get my voice that much louder.