"Spuds"

@missybear (11396)
You gotta love them. There are so many things you can do with potatoes.....fry them, bake them, mash them, boil them and so much more. Do you worry about eating too much starchy foods?
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
I actually am not a very big fan of potatoes. You see when I was in hostel, they gave potatoes almost everyday, frying them, boiling them and what nots! That one year made me resent potatoes and the only ones I like these days are french fries.
@missybear (11396)
Me toooo
• Marion, Kansas
I love potatoes as well. No, at this point I do not worry about eating too many starchy foods. I will eat either a potato or bread at a meal. I eat rice. We do not eat pasta. I almost always leave the skin on my potatoes and that is much healthier. It is one of my favorite "fast foods" when I cook it in the microwave.
@missybear (11396)
That's what I take for lunch sometimes...potato, I throw it in the microwave and sometimes i put some salsa over it....yum
I love potatoes in any way. As for starch, I think that we all need carbohidrates. It is the fat with fries that makes then worrysome. Or the cream over a baked potato. I can make a wonderful potato salad with lots of minced parsley, olive oil, salt and lemon juice and not a single drop of mayo.
@missybear (11396)
That sounds delicious, I use mayo but not a lot
Try it! It is delicious and a lot healthier. Not that I donĀ“t like a good potato-mayo-mustard salad too!
@myfb2009 (8304)
Wow Mar, your potato salad does sounds delicious. I think i will give it a try but will add some mayo, since my family loves the taste of mayo...Thanks for sharing it here, Mar...
@Anne18 (11036)
Hello there, Don't think our paths have crossed on mylot yet. Baked spuds are my all time favourite and I could eat baked spuds every day. I prefer them done in the oven as the skin gets nice and crispy, but if I'm short on time I do them in the mircowave. It beens years since I have had a baked spud done in a bonfire
@missybear (11396)
How about in a Fry Daddy?
@Anne18 (11036)
Now that is a new one on me, what on earth is a Fry Daddy? Can't wait for your reply!!
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
hi missybear as I am diabetic they are a rare delicacy for me now (was diagnosed in 2006). I miss them soooo much. As a child I disliked them but later when I studied liked them better...... tastes change with time.......and now I miss them. Love homemade potato dumplings...... and mashed potatoes as well.....
@missybear (11396)
I love dumplings and you're right about your taste buds changing over the years. I never used to eat cheese and tomatoes when I was younger, now I love cheese and I eat tomatoes.
• Lippstadt, Germany
LOL LOL LOL....... I never ate beetroots but enjoy them now. Still dont like celery, though.
@myfb2009 (8304)
Missy, i must agreed that we can turned potato into many types of delicious recipes. My favorite way is, cooking the potatoes with chicken added some soy sauce into it. Then let it boil until both chicken and the potatoes are soften a little with a little gravy. I even do mashed potatoes with added mayo as a side dish. Sometimes, i even make some fried potatoes. My son just loves all the above recipes and always demanding for more...
@missybear (11396)
Sour cream also tastes delicious in mashed potatoes
@myfb2009 (8304)
My son didn't like that taste, that's why i didn't use it. He prefer mayo than the other cream...
@dawnald (84133)
• Shingle Springs, California
My kids won't eat potatoes. Sometimes I think they're changelings.
@missybear (11396)
Whaaaaaaat, no spuds...that's just crazy