Nectarines, free stone or cling stone

@stealthy (8189)
I always try to get free stone nectarines because getting the fruit off of the stone is so hard with the cling stone type. I have been even more concerned with this ever since I chipped an upper front tooth when biting too close to the stone of the cling stone variety. With the free stone the fruit(or meat) comes off of the stone more easily and can even be cut off in little slices to avoid biting into the nectarine directly. One problem is that one(or at least I) can't tell by looking at the nectarine which type it is and in many supermarkets, the produce people have no idea what type they are selling. I go to one store sometimes where they do know, but unfortunately they only seem to have cling stone.
We have several kinds of nectarines and peaches in my country. The best way, if you don´t know how to know which kind has a free stone is to ask at your super. When I go to the farmer´s market, I know beforehand because they always have a halved nectarine on display.
@stealthy (8189)
One place I go knows but they always have the cling stone which I don't want. Another place the guy had no clue when I asked there.
I know them by the colour, but that can´t be explained. We have lots of kinds of nectarines in my country as we export them.