What's for Dinner?

As I was getting ready to face the day today, I began to think about what I would cook for dinner. Knowing that I wanted to watch the news today and the football game, I didn't think that I would want to spend a lot of time cooking so I decided that I would go ahead and plan some easy food. I am making a taco ring and some hamburgers for dinner. I think that I will add some mozzarella sticks to that too. What's for dinner at your house tonight?
I know I am not feeling up to cooking anything to heat up my home. so something life left over shrimps or a bowl of cereal might be what I will eat..
@stephcjh (32385)
Sounds good. I need to get to the grocery.
My husband won't eat leftovers. I also could not serve my family cereal for dinner.
@epicure35 (2822)
Tonight I'm planning to heat up some leftover macaroni and cheese I got as part of a take-out order. It was not good, so I will have to "doctor it up" in order to add some flavor. I will add three kinds of cheeses, salt and pepper, maybe some canned stewed tomatoes because I like that flavor with mac and cheese. If I'm not feeling too lazy, I'll make some glazed baby carrots to go with it. I like to combine sweet and savory. BTW, my own mac and cheese doesn't always hit the mark either. I always use a variety of cheeses, but, for some reason, just making bechamel and adding cheese doesn't work as well for me as adding a bit of chicken base stock as well. I used to get good mac and cheese with just plain white sauce (bechamel) and just a bit of cheese in a diner back east, but I can't make that either, though I wish I could. It's a good alternative to too much cheese.
I have to cook a full meal because I have to feed my family. I would never get by with just fixing mac and cheese. I do like to doctor it up too sometimes. I have made it with grilled chicken with it and it was a good lunch.
@epicure35 (2822)
I wound up doing the mac and cheese mixed with stewed tomatoes, added creamed spinach and glazed baby carrots for a vegetarian meal. And, then there were leftover leftovers, now gone, but not forgotten.
@deebomb (15347)
Hello carol. I'm fixing roasted chicken with possibly baked potatoes and carrots baked like a pot roast. We had tuna salad and macaroni salad for supper Fri night and left over for supper last night so I figured I should fix something better tonight. They don't care for leftovers but I can't see throwing them out. The teenagers are so picky.javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$cphMainContent$lbStart','')
@stephcjh (32385)
That sounds good.
I fix roast chicken quite often in the cooler months or winter. I enjoy that meal quite often. I also love roast beef and chuck roasts. My family doesn't like left overs and we rarely eat them.
@kingparker (9698)
You know what, I would like some roast duck, and some seafood for my dinner tonight. Since it is Sunday, and I would like to spend time with my family, my parents, a bountiful dinner should be served on the table. That is something at least I can do for my parents.
@stephcjh (32385)
That sounds very nice. I wish my daughter felt like she could do something nice for me and her dad. She never wants to be around us though.
That does sound delicious. I think that it is a good thing to fix dinner for your parents. My mom lives with us so it is not a special occasion to cook for her.
wow that's delicious! I live here in the Philippines so were not really into burgers and sandwiches,we eat that kind when we dine out ... so earlier my mom cooked fried fish and saute veggies for dinner, we eat that with rice:D
@stephcjh (32385)
That sounds good. I wish my husband would hjave got us something different to eat. Our food was nasty we ordered for carry out.
We might eat those things when we go out, but that is not often. I also find that it is interesting that those items are not items that you would fix at home. Stephcjh, sorry to hear of the nasty foods.
@writersedge (22579)
We finished up the cream of cauliflower soup that I had made Sunday. We started the bag of instant stir fry beef and veggies from the freezer. So both were reheat items. So I had an easy supper to do, too.
That is a nice meal even though it was left over. I have not had stir fry in a few weeks so I might need to fix that soon. I will add that to my menu list.
@stephcjh (32385)
My husband wanted Long John Silvers so that is what we both bought. We regretted it when we got home. He didn't get stuff that he ordered and I got the total wrong order. Ugh!
I have not had Long John Silver's in a long time. I hope that you called and complained. I hate to get carry out and it not be good or get the wrong things. I live to far from town to go back if it is not right.
@JenInTN (27565)
Pizza night tonight! It's friday and there will be no cooking going on here tonight. We have ordered a pizza and just going to enjoy the night lazing around watching TV...I'm mylotting...I have been deprived lately and I'm taking advantage of it..lol.