How much time do you take to start a discussion or respond to one?

My preferences are completely mine.I prefer to browse the sortie, try out one or two that interests me or are in my hold and respond which takes me not more than 3 minutes or may be 5. Till now its 10 minutes that has been the highest taken for my typing speed is not that good. However to start a discussion, I find that words come to me very soon, thanks to MyLot for the plethora of topics it holds and I find my fingers flying. It takes me a maximum of 13 minutes and a minimum of 7 to start and end my point of discussion. How is it with you?
It takes me second to do them both unless something stops me from typing. I don't see the reason why it would take me 5 minutes to make one post. Maybe a minute or two but now way will it take me five..
I appreciate your typing speed and depth of knowledge...:)
Now if I could only type faster.
hi there! this is a tricky question :) because im not really checking the time on when i start or respond to any discussion....but come to think of it its quiet interesting. as of the moment i guess its taking me around 10minutes to respond to this discussion or any other discussion..hopefully it would lessen as time goes by so i would be able to respond to other discussion as soon as possible :)
Well, many a times our mind works so fast that we fail to understand that how time has elapsed. Thanks for that quick and thoughtful response.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
It depends on my mood. If I am in the mood to start a topic,it takes only few minutes because I never want to miss any words flowing in my mind. Same thing when responding to a topic, that is why I only respond to topic that I can relate with. It is easy to respond when you can relate with the subject and interest. have a good day
You share the same thought as mine...:)
@KrauseHome (35517)
You know, this has never really been something that I have noticed. I have noticed though due to the job I have, plus posting in here, etc. all the time that my typing speed has increases quite a bit, but it really depends on how awake I am and how gathered my thoughts are when starting a New discussion or posting back to one as well.
I have all my notifications sent to me in my inbox. So daily I position myself on Yahoo and start answering the notifications that come in. If I don't feel I have had enough to meet my goal for the day I go directly to Mylot and check the discussions for new and interesting ones.
@watergirl (569)
I don't really check the time I spend in discussions. Starting discussions would take more time because I have to think about topics to write about. Plus, I need to search for similar discussion before posting to be sure mine is unique and that it adheres to the guidelines. Answering to discussions is easier and fun. I think I spend around 2-10 minutes depending on the length of my response.
I spend more time to start the discussion because my typing speed is slow and more time consume in respond also becasue the same thing typing speed...at least 10 minutes for one discussion
I don't usually time how i make my discussion or answer to a discussion. Usually when i start my discussion, i really take time to make it, offline first because i know it will take more time than usual. Then i would just copy paste all my discussion successively online, afterwards. As to discussions i would respond to, i would choose them and read them . If i don't find them interesting , i will look for other topics. I really take my time on both.
I think it takes about 3 minutes to finish one response. English is not my mother language, I need time to think and write down my thoughts.
for me, it really depends on the topic. there are times that it take me a few minutes to respond or to start a discussion whenever the topic to me is very important and a lot of things are running in my mind. besides i'm not a typist person. i don't really type fast. but there are also times that it took me seconds to respond. anyway happy mylotting!
@fantabulus (4005)
I not check but yes after reading your discussion I will check and next time I will respond how much time spend on one discussion to start or to response
hi aparajita you know I have not timed myself as I am retired so I have lots of time plus I hate counting what I do, as its time spent that I could just in writing, and i hate timming t oo for the same reason. I just look, read and pick out one th at interests, me, think out my response, respond and move on. I need to make as m ucjh as I can but also I need to restore my stress at times, and just have fun here and forget the damnable money thing completely . I need to have some happiness and enjoyment in my old age so am not counting on anything any more.