can some one explain the difference for me?

what is the difference between Intel processors and AMD Athlons? recently there are intel dual core processors , what is the difference betweeen the two and which is the better processor?
@yfchin83 (127)
These 2 are basically competitors. Intel processors are generally more expensive than AMD due to the market share they gained. Intel processors are also claimed to be faster in speed than their competitors, AMD.
right so which one would you buy a laptop with a intel processor or with a amd?
personally i'd say intel processor. it's more common and i like the idea of it being more easily fixable if anything goes wrong because of how common it is, there would be more people knowledgeable on it. that's my thinking anyway.
@iuliuxd (4453)
It doesn`t matter if it`s intel or AMD right now.Just buy one of them and that`s it ...make sure you buy the right motherboard too otherwise your new processor won`t fit on the motherboard .But if you push it hard it may work :)
AMD is mostly for people who work with a lot of graphics or programming. I heard that AMD processors also generates quite a lot of heat. My previous laptop ran on AMD and it would always heat up within half an hour even if I'm only running one application. I've had to get it fixed 3 times or more cos the processor always burnt out.
@lovedude (4457)
those are two different processor manufacturer company.. Intel is most common brand for desktop processor. while AMD is mostly used in common and servers both. though now a days Intel has also produced high end processors which are used in servers too.. it's Mercedez and Ferrari.. you choose which is better for you.. kind of thing.. both are best in normal use.. for high graphics or server kind of machine you need to study about each processor families..