The show begins tonight!

Romania
So the new season of the Champions League starts tonight! I am very glad, because I consider this the most important club competition in the world, way more important than the national leagues. Now I will give you my predictions about the teams which will qualify for the next round and the teams which will continue in the Europa League Group A:Bayern and City will qualify, and Napoli will continue in the Europa League. Group B:Inter and CSKA will qualify, Lille will go to the EL. Group C:Utd and Benfica will qualify, Otelul will play in the EL. Group D:Real and Lyon will qualify, Ajax to play in EL. Group E:Chelsea and Leverkusen to go through, Valencia to EL. Group F: Arsenal and Dortmund to qualify, Panathinaikos goes to EL. Group G: Porto and Shakhtar will qualify, Zenit goes to EL. Group H: Barcelona and Milan to qualify, Plzen goes to El. Of course, this are only my predictions which I think will happen, based on my ration and my feelings. How about you? Are you glad that the Champions League starts today? What are your main expectations? Who will qualify? Will there be any surprises? Share it...
@polaris77 (2031)
• Bacau, Romania
I'm also glad to see that the biggest club competition in the world begins,and I'm sure it will be an exciting season and we'll see some great matches.Anyway,these are my predictions for the group stage: Group A:1.Bayern,2.Man City,3.Villareal.Group B:1.Inter,2.CSKA,3.Lille.Group C:1.Man Utd,2.Benfica,3.Otelul.Group D:1.Real Madrid,2.Lyon,3.Ajax.Group E:1.Chelsea.2.Bayer Leverkusen,3.Valencia.Group F:1.Arsenal,2.Marseille,3.Borussia Dortmund.Group G:1.Porto,2.Shakhtar,3.Zenit.Group H:1.Barcelona,2.Milan,3.Viktoria Plzen.I think Group A is the toughest and I also hope that Otelul Galati will manage to contradict those who consider that it will obtain zero points in the competition,I trust this team and I'm sure it will show another face compared to the poor evolutions it had in the Romanian League so far.
I see that our predictions are very similar. There are only two differences, if I am right, the fact that you think Villareal is going to finish third and that Marseille will qualify to the Champions League spring and Dortmund will go to the EL. I think that Group A isn't as tough as it seems, because Napoli and Villareal don't seem to be able to handle Bayern and City. I hope that Bayern will go till the final and will also lift the trophy, it would be the best thing which could happen this season for me. As for Otelul, I am sure that the lack of result from Liga 1 are because Munteanu made the preparation for Otelul to be in a great form when the Champions League starts and not for the Romanian League. Every point values lots of money and we know that Otelul needs that money more than the points from the national league.
@polaris77: I would agree with rappeter13 here. Group A is not as tough as it seems. If you watched EPL recently, you will really notice the difference in the new City team. I am not a City fan (in fact, I am United!), but to be fair they are improving and I can't see in any way that they will not go through the first round. But perhaps they might be left to second place - Bayern has much more experience in this stage than City.
@polaris77 (2031)
• Bacau, Romania
I agree that City looks really impressive this season,and Bayern is also in an excellent form,but I still believe both Villareal and Napoli will be very tough opponents,there will certainly be some drama in this group,this is my convinction.Anyway,after the first round we'll have a better picture of Group A.
@adhyz82 (36263)
yes, i am happy see again this league.. but iam sad...why there are not my team ( AS ROMA)...i do hope next season,my team will play in champions league.They are deserve play in champions league... i don`t know but i bet Barcelona once again become a winner...and maybe his strong candidate come from Manchester United.. i don`t think any italy club will bother for Barcelona this season in champions league
I think that Barcelona, despite drawing 2-2 with Milan, is still the favorite to win the Champions League. But there can be surprises, and I hope Bayern will be the positive surprise this year and they will lift the trophy in their home ground.
@adhyz82 (36263)
but after saw MU performance, i can`t say that the team who can`t beat barca this season is only MU i think
@ram_cv (16516)
Of these matches, I could watch only two. I saw a young Arsenal side squander a 1-0 lead to draw the match against Dortmund to a super late goal. The other match I saw was the Barcelona vs. Milan match which also ended in a draw as Milan drew Barca 2-2 on the night. Of course it is good to see another season of Champions League football kicking off. Cheers! Ram
I have seen Barcelona and Milan as well, and I watched Villareal-Bayern because I am a Bayern fan, and if there is one possibility to watch their game, I will do it. But I have seen the highlights and I was amazed by Perisic's goal against Arsenal, like I was when I have seen Hulk's goal against Shakhtar as well. There were a few spectacular goals already, and I am glad that Bayern has pulled off a great performance, making Villareal loose for the very first time at home in the Champions League.
• Brazil
I am very glad too!! The champions league is the best competition in the world. We have the best players, coaches and games of all the year. The only problem for me is that I live in Brazil, so the games happen in the afternoon, on the time that I am still working!! I am hoping that Arsenal can do a great Champion this year, but I am afraid not, because the team is younger than the last year and changed a lot of players too. But the good news is that this year we can probably have Van Persie for all competition! I think that Valencia and Zenit can surprise this year and steal the places of a more qualified team. And I want to see if this year Real Madrid can finally win.
I think Arsenal and Dortmund will qualify from that group, so I think you shouldn't worry for that. They have drawn yesterday in a very spectacular game, as I heard. I have only seen a few highlights from that game and the goals. Perisic scored a fantastic goal, I believe. As for surprises, we will see, but usually in the Champions League there are very few ones.
@alberello (4755)
I do not have pay-TV subscription, I can not follow all the competitions of the Euro Champions League, but I see that you're particularly excited about the opening of this new tournament dated dated 2011/2012. Already predict now who will be the winner of the trophy, it is very difficult for me, however I see that you have given given good odds on the teams that should at east go through in the first group stage.
In Romania there are two games shown every week from the Champions League in free TV, today it will be Barcelona-AC Milan and tomorrow Basel-Otelul. But I will watch tomorrow the game Villareal-Bayern on the Internet. www.rojadirecta.es is a good site which has links to almost every game which is important in the world. You should check it out.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me congratulation things would be better keep up the good work ever.