slow down

@savypat (20247)
Have you noticed that since school started the discussions have slowed? I have, I think many of my friends are young, still in school, or have families which demand more time when they are in school. What do you think?
@megamatt (14331)
I do have that sense as well. People are adjusting to the breakneck pace of school again, therefore, they need to figure out a way to rework their schedule. If I remember correctly, it really did slow down a lot during September, until they rather found their footing for sure. Then around the time of October everything rather picked up. The end of the summer, early fall period was a rather light period. Granted there is still no shortage of interesting discussions, but there are a lot of times where it does seem a lot less. Plus it could also people that a lot of people want to enjoy the nice weather while it lasts, before it gets cold and bitter outside. That could be another potential reason for sure.
@dragon54u (31605)
All the message boards I've ever been part of have slowed down in September. Kids and young adults are going back to their education and don't have as much time anymore. It will pick up during long weekends and official vacations!
@ravisivan (14055)
savypat: I am not having figures regarding this. However number of discussions are less comparatively because people are busy in offline work. That is a good sign indeed.
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
i also noticed some active members who have children going to school are not that active when they are too active when it's not school time. since school started i seldom see dawnald.
@tiina05 (2319)
hello, Yes, that is true. I am a student and I am an active member here but since the school started I cant open my account and open some discussion because i feel so exhausted to school and I cant handle my time making money online. but still some of my time I answer some question to activate my account and still earn even just little by little. right?
@GemmaR (8526)
I think you'll find that a lot of people who try to make money online are students, and it's now the new term as you said so this means that they won't have as much time to come online as they might have had during the holiday times. I used to be like that, too, but now I have a lot of days off during the week which means that I will still be able to come online and post almost as much as I am able to at the moment. I need the money so I just have to be able to find the time otherwise I wouldn't be able to pay my phone bill at the end of the month.
Hmm. I think many of my friends are busy with school for themselves. It could be that some have returned to school related jobs, as well as needing to do more for their family. I think another reason is that if their weather has finally cooled down, they are working outside. Whatever reason, I certainly wish them all well.
I think it varies by site. A parenting board I used to be on was super slow in summer but busy the rest of the year as the SAHM's were busy tending to the kids that were previously in school all day. I guess I can see it slowing down as you said for those posters who are in school still they have less time to be online. And one must accept this that though the internet is a second home of sorts to most of us, the demands of our life before us come first.
@JenInTN (27565)
I know that your friend JenInTn has been covered up since school has started for her kids...LOL...not just that though. There has been a ton of stuff going on at work that I have had to attend to and then there is my own studies to deal with. I don't know if it is because it is all catching up to me or if it is just a busier period than I am used to. I know that I have missed being as active on here than I have been in the past though. I haven't really started many discussions because I knew I wouldn't be able to respond in a timely manner. I like to be active in my discussions and it's not fair to my friends if I start one that I can't give my all to.