If you're happy with a service, take a minute to let them know

I recently bought a lot of items from an ebay seller. This is my fourth order from her shop, and I sent her an email with it, telling her I really like her shop, she always has interesting items at good prices, and her customer service is wonderful. She emailed me back saying "thank you, that email has made my day!" and gave me a further discount on the postage! Just goes to show, its worth showing your appreciation for people who work hard to provide a good service.
@Awinds (2475)
It's amazing what just expressing your appreciation will do! I can think of another example. Awhile back there was a money earning website that I was a part of. They were really good, but like most such sites, only allowed one account for household. One time I had to send an email to support. I do remember making a comment on how much I liked their service. I also said something about I know the rules say this, but can I do this. They were so happy I suppose about my comments on their service they allowed another person in my household to have an account. I can't complain about twice the income! Just think of how much brighter life would be if we all just stopped to show our appreciation - for people we love and for businesses we like. Sometimes nice little bonuses happen when we do. We (including me) need to so it far more often!
As a mum, I know how huge a deal it is when one of my kids comes home from school and says "I missed you Mummy" or when they just hug me because I've done something nice and made their day fun. So I do like to tell people when they have made things nice for me.
@Awinds (2475)
As a mom you do indeed have an advantage in the area of appreciating a person's thanks you! I do agree that the little things are important.
@asyria51 (2870)
I have a terrible two right now, and when most people look at me like I am crazy for bringing my daughter, who is screaming a song at the top of her lungs out in public, I had a waitress go out of her way to help and really engaged my child. While I am not a single mom, most weekends I am one as my husband works his second job. Having that little extra attention really made my day. i let her know through a more generous tip, and by telling the manager.
Oh dear! The terrible twos is hard work, but it does pass! Its wonderful though when you take your little one somewhere and somebody makes a real effort to help you out, rather than looking at you like you're a bad parent. Good luck
@tessa9 (1086)
I do make it a point to compliment a person who is giving great service. I sometimes slack off though but I try to compliment them as much as I can. Good customer service that looks sincere is hard to find right now so they are very deserving for any gratitude given towards them.
I do give thanks to people who have helped me in both small and big ways. It shows that their goodness did not unnoticed. I love being appreciated so I understand people who have given their time and extra care in helping other people. Being grateful is a not natural for most of the people that I know of. It is traced back to the days when they were still young. As early as now I am training my daughter to learn how to appreciate others.
@Fishmomma (11504)
I agree we should inform people when the service is great. Many people only complain when the service is bad. Great to see a positive discussion.
I did something similar yesterday. My technician shifted my pc and the relevent paraphernalia into the next room which meant lifting the table, etc which in fact is not his job. I truly appreciated him and paid him more than he had asked for.
@marie2052 (3697)
I have a couple ladies that run a business in ebay and they have done sometimes a better job of what items they were providing than going to a local store. I always make sure they are appreciated of their hard work to keep their personal customers happy. And I have been given a few privileges from them as well. My favorite item to buy is candle tarts. I am pretty much settled on one buyer now and I made sure to let her know how high quality I thought of her product. I ran my own business once and its not easy being a little person out there amongst the wholesale/retail trade. But when I can say her product is 10 times better than any yankee candle tart I have ever bought. Well that pretty much says a lot!