Is my cat suicidal?! Or just devoted

Just went to the local shop. I only wanted to get a bar of Dairy Milk. I would have been gone less than 5 minutes. Didn't realise my cat Diego was out of the house, he didn't come out the front door with me so must have been out already. Went to the shop, got the chocolate, opened the shop door to leave, and there he is, meowing at me and giving me the kind of look you give a naughty child who has wandered off on a field trip! To get to the shop involves crossing a busy intersection, which I try to keep my cats away from. Obviously didn't bother him when he wanted his Mama though. I put him over my shoulder and carried him til we were indoors with the door locked. He isn't usually good with traffic and a couple of times I have had to go onto the intersection to pick him up, as he's freaked out, frozen and stopped the traffic (trying to follow me across the road). I don't understand why he still goes onto busy roads to keep tabs on me. He's so devoted!
@Amanda81587 (3046)
That is so cute. I like cats but we have a mean and vicious dog that does not feel the same way about them. Also I do not want my kids to pull n their tails so I will wait til I am 60 and alone then I'll get a lot of them
@choybel (5059)
Wow, you have a brave cat. Our cat can't go two houses far from ours. I do hope your cat won't get used to doing it, because it is dangerous.
@topffer (33800)
• France
Diego remains me my previous cat who was following me everywhere like a dog and wanted to go with me when I was taking my car. You have to be careful with him if he is scared by the traffic : people are generally fair with cats and are stopping when one is in the middle of the road, but Diego should not force his chance too often.