Do you think Money is God?

I think, it is, yes. Without money you cannot even think of the good things happening to you in life. Just as life is God, time is God, so also money is God. It gives you a certain level of confidence.It gives hope, gives the feeling of sacrifice, the willingness to. to some of course. It's a teacher also. It treats us well and also teaches us lessons on ceiling of desires. It tells us that it will come and go and warns us of its fleeting nature. We should never be slaves to it, for when we are so attached to it, it may even kill us for not having understood it's lessons. What do you say?
@_sketch_ (5709)
Depends on how you define God. I can certainly see some similarities between money and God. In my opinion, both are fake and both have made a great contribution to war and the separation of the people. And we should never be slaves to either.
Comparing money to god is a form of idolatry. God is not money! God loves all of his children regardless of how much money they have! I agree money is cool and everything, but the Holy spirit is WAY better than god
@_sketch_ (5709)
Nobody said anything about whether or not God loves everyone equally. The Holy spirit is way better than god? They are one. So I am wondering how this is so. At any rate, that makes no sense to say that making a comparison is the same as worshiping something. In fact, I neither worship money nor god. I don't even believe in any god actually. So what are you even talking about is what I'm wondering.
for me, my answer is no. King Solomon said money is the answer to everything. but he never said that money is God. King Solomon prayed to God one night when God appeared in his dream and asked him what he wanted. King Solomon asked for Wisdom and understanding to rule his people instead of wealth (money) and fame and God was pleased with this. So God threw in wealth and fame also as a bonus because of this. Money was only invented but God created the universe.
Here is a small anecdote. Hope u'll like it...:) I met Money one day. I said,'You are just a piece of paper....Money smiled and said..'Of course I am..but I haven't seen a dustbin in my life'..:) If man is a creation of God and man is His image then all that we see in the Creation is made by the Creator. And if Money is created by man, it is God who helped him to. God doesn't make junk...:)
i agree with that.. but if they say that money is God i do not agree.. if we have cancer without cure we dnt need millions of money instead we need God to help us cure. we need strong faith in God. Through God's will there is nothing impossible.
@umabharti (3976)
the help we get from any of the sources is always done by god,i dont say money is god but sometimes money can take place of god to help out a porblem or trouble.
@shskumbla (3341)
Of-course you are correct. I agree with your point.Money saves life, also money kills life-just like chlorine which in small quantity is good, but if it is in excess, it will kill human beings
@varier (5699)
Oh well, money is important, life is important, and time is important. But I don't think we can consider them all as God. Err.. Seriously, what is your definition for God? Well, maybe we are having different definition for "God" then. In my view, God is the Creator, the Sustainer, and He is the One who has power over all. Nothing can be compared with God.
Definition of God is inexplicable. I find God in everything. I also know that if I am in good health, that's God's way of turning Himself into money to procure the right medicine at the right time, learn yoga properly in a yoga centre, have peace of mind, or have the power to resist what is wrong, all because of money. It's the provider of the self confidence, the happiness, the being of the me that I am. I don't consider it as a separate entity. Just as my body doesn't belong to me, money too doesn't. But as long as I am in the body, I must value it and must value money too, for it has taken care of me since the tie of birth. That's my way of expressing 'thank you God for being there'.
@varier (5699)
Well.. I can understand that we can find God in everything. But to consider something as God, I think it is completely different thing. In my opinion, saying "...something... is God" is showing our disrespect through God. Let me show a dumb example about this: ... I also know that if I am in good health, that's God's way of turning Himself into money to procure the right medicine at the right time, learn yoga... aah! I accidentally drop my money to toilet! Now God is being flushed down in Toilet! I hope you can understand what I mean in that dumb example xD I would prefer to say "money is gift from God" rather than say "money is God" Again, in my opinion, we shouldn't compare God with anything.
I think money and God are both different things. Yes, we cannot survive without money but I cannot live without my God... The same thoughts but different meaning...
@Xes210 (295)
Money lets you do anything, if you have money you can do a lot of things
@neus80 (141)
Hi, i agree with you too. Because all activities or others surely need money, without money we cannot do anything. But, some my mind disagree with you, because not all things must need money, you cannot buy experience with money, cant buy happiness, cant buy friends or best friends, cant buy a teamwork, cant buy a love and others like this.
Experiences happen when we don't have money. That may be taken as God teaching us lessons that money is not the be-all and end-all. So in the absence of money we value money and it is then that we turn to God and money flow at that time brings us to a certain level of understanding that money is God. Happiness dwells in your heart and is a matter of choice. Money has a minor role to play I agree. But when you feel miserable without money, even relationships get distorted. So that's another way of God's telling that 'love Me, but don't get attached'. Best friends are understanding, caring and loving. We always want to thank them by giving a bit of us and when even that seems not to suffice, we feel, we'll give more even if the friend doesn't want it. Suppose if the best friend is in trouble, you'll feel like rushing to him/her and you see you don't have enough even to rush or give company, you hear money cry out 'Where am I?. When love is full but you are unable to express it in its fullness money becomes the medium. U need not be a billionaire but nothing is available free of cost after all. Then probably we wouldn't have been here in MyLot.
Yes. eventhough money is important we should not call it or compare it to God.
Why?? I feel the very happiness u get when money comes in your hands and goes at your will is God expressing Itself through you!
@ekoytyas (4672)
god is god, money is for live not life for money. when you think money for life, you will do a good way to get money, but when you think life for money, you will do anything, event evil way to get it.
@globaldoc (860)
Money is just a tool for us to use. There should never be the worship of money. We should never let money use us as objects. Rather, we should be the one to use money. Money can change a person's outlook and his life. We should never allow that to happen.
@llbo1981 (1242)
Yes,i think so,too.Money is god to almost all people in the world.There is a saying that,money is not everything;but without money,you can not do anything.This quality is similar to god
@thezone (9451)
I hate money but I do find myself praying for it
@jazzsue58 (2672)
Win the lottery so you can live like a king every day for life. Lose your entire family in an earthquake. Or see yourself riddled with cancer, in pain so bad the best you can hope for is an early release. God works in mysterious ways, my friend.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me if you do it in a good way like serving Jehovah God then it is good but if not then you love the ruler of this system is Satan.
@Xes210 (295)
yes money is like god without money you can not do anything money is power
@derek_a (10902)
It has been said since the earliest of times that All is God. So I would not exclude money or anything from that. Strong desire is where all our problems start in my opinion, because we are trying to change what it here and and being disatisfied with what there is, which is part of the All, part of God. _Derek
@pramodppk (112)
I really don't think money is god i think man is god, without money we cont do any thing but but its in now days with money we cant purchase real love with money we cant purchase mother father sisters brothers and real friends too dont compare money to god how much we pay for sun light? how much we pay for stars and moon light? how much we paid for parts of our body with them we walk we talk we enjoy the life nature is god we are the part of nature animals birds live without money nature gives every thing for free but we sell them i dont say money is bad thing we convert our work and services into money money is nothing but exchange of our work.
@zhawee (875)
no, I can`t say money is from the evil. For me its depend how can u used it and where did you use it. But to those people money s treating like a God. this is a big sin. Use the money in god things like you share if you have, that I will call you helping hands.
@surfer222 (1715)
No, i don't think money is god, but money is power.... the more money you have the more power you can get.
@magtibaygom (4864)
Money is so important to me, but God is so loving He always remind me of the verse "Thou shall not have other god before me". Just like your post here, it's one way of His reminding me of that commandment.
@ARShams (82)
• Pakistan
My belief in God/Allah is quite strong. Nothing can be as like Him. He is God/Allah, Almighty Allah. Nothing can be achieved without His will. Everything including money getting or not getting depends on His will. If in case I disbelieve in His power, it means that my trust on Him is weak, that mean I've lost my belief in any religion. Whereas, one who belongs to no religion he/she is understood/taken an atheist that I hate to become. May God/Allah help and bless us to understand Him and trust on him forever!