Does it seem normal for the minority to submit to the majority?

@didi13 (2927)
Romania
I think mostly everyone is free to choose for him. But in certain situations, when it comes to good majority (that is more lives are at stake), the rules imposed by the majority should be respected and the minority, even if these rules are just not liking them, because it follows good general. But there are exceptions. Does it seem normal for the minority to submit to the majority?
Majority of the times, the majority always takes the lead and the action in every society. The reason is simple - it's always a numbers game. Doesn't matter what the issue is as long as the society can reach a conclusion by voting and recognizing each member's choice and opinion. They are people who will stick to one general side or choice and that could be the next step for everyone. This basically forms the majority and the minority. The minority in this case, is not seen as dismissed but as lost measure, becuase at the very least, their opinion were heard and counted. They just don't have the necessary numbers to back up their measure. Of course, the minority can still appeal or wait their turn when the majority of the public turn into their favor. The process repeats itself so that at least society has a one sense of direction in its goals.
@bobmnu (8160)
I think there are times when the majority should not have to give into the minority. In the US we have a law Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which tried to level the field for people with disabilities. Some of these rules end up denying the majority access to things that are not accessible to people with disabilities. The other thing ADA does is it requires that buildings be Handicapped Accessible which can be very costly.
@Netsbridge (3242)
What exceptions? Anyway, I buy into the theory of majority rule, though I have found myself in the minority. When I have been unable to convince the majority of my good sense, I simply leave them alone and mind my own business. And if something is so wrong and yet the majority could not see it, then I accept the vote: I do not have to sing the song of the majority, and have no problem as long as they do not impose a wrong upon me.
@minimoyz (277)
Yes there are times that the minority has no choice but to submit to the decisions of the majority. Then it will become a unanimous vote.