My customer was beat up by her daughter..

I tried to get her all weekend and saw her this morning. I saw her and went to ask for my money. she then start in about her face and how she was beat by her daughter and her friend over laughing because the daughter lost a bet on a game. she said she pays rent and all to her daughter and this is what she gets. I am not going to worry about the money no more. I will keep her gifts and gift them out during the holiday's. a month is long enough to bother someone to pay for their order. Her lip is busted and she has scratches all over her face. she is now living up stair in the same building with her son. I know first hand how it feels to have a child hit their mother. I feel like crying..
@samafayla33 (1857)
I am so sorry, I know it's hard to hear that, when you meet people and you grow to love them like you do, you don't know what to do in her situation. The best thing you can do is to be her friend. If you can help her in any small way without conflict, do that. :)
am getting her an application for an apartment in another town.
That's so sweet, you are a good representative of avon! :) I love that movie Fried Green Tomatoes. I think this is why! :) Love
Thanks for the smile...
Oh gosh that has to be hard to see as you have experienced this first hand. Sad that she is undergoing so many issues and especially with her daughter. Nice of you to keep the order and sad that you have to eat the expense. Yes a month is a long time to get someone to pay, but sadly it will give you an idea of who will be a good and or bad customer. You can probably create a flyer with some of the items too and sell them at a lower price.
This is what I told her as well. I don't know what more to do other than give her the housing application.
It is just awful that she has to undergo this and that you did also. I think it would be a good idea to give her the housing application. May make some of her stress lessen. Be careful with pre-paying order Gifts, you can afford to have such losses.
I am so mad over the money and hope one day it will get better. right now i feel like qetting this avon for real.
@sid556 (31005)
One thing that I learned in selling things is that you really have to keep business and personal stuff separated. I know that your heart goes out to this woman and mine would too but you have waited a month for your money. It sounds as if she has a lot going on in her personal life. Just make note and cross her off your customer list. I am guessing that you paid for her stuff out of your own pocket?? If so, it is good that is stuff that you can use for gifts. The lady that didn't pay me and that caused my business to go bust was similar. She had a really good hard-luck story that I am sure was true. I don't think for a minute that she intended on screwing me over but in my case, I could not afford to cover her and I waited too long and got slammed with late fees and postal charges by the time I returned the stuff. The fees and postage added up to almost the cost of the merchandise which makes me think that I should have just kept it and done what you did...gift it.
N way will she be able to buy from me ever again. I won't even give her a catalog. she ha to order from someone else.
@stephcjh (32327)
Very true, but even family backs out on sales sometimes too.
@sid556 (31005)
True, Steph! In fact family can be the worst offenders sometimes!
Hi Gifts, I know you feel bad about this woman getting beat up by her daughter, but that has nothing to do with paying you for the stuff she ordered. It seems that so many people order things they can't afford and then give all kinds of excuses to not pay for them. In the mean time you have to "eat" that... It's good that you can gift them out. The woman should have gotten her daughter locked up for what she did. This probably isn't her first time around being beaten by her daughter. We get treated the way we allow ourselves to be treated. If I were to be attacked by my daughter, I might let it go the first time, but if it happened a second time, I would not hesitate to call the law.. even if I had to move from where I was living.
I don't know if you remember my daughter getting locked up for busting my head open. I was mad,hurt and all the above. i dropped the charges and she never did it again.
@stephcjh (32327)
Oh my gosh gifts... that is horrible. It sounds to me like your daughter just does not have nay respect for you. My daughter better hope she never hits me. We both may end up in jail!
I will say a few things about this discussion.. I am sorry that you lost out on yet another sale. I am sorry that you know what it feels like to be hit by your child. I've never in my life hit my mother but I have hit my father when I was younger I remember. I feel terrible for this poor mother who was beat up like that by her daughter. What a horrible thing for a child to do to their parent.
Yes that is so sad to know. I feel so bad for er but I wanted my money either way.
@stephcjh (32327)
Yeah. I thought about selling Avon too but I know I would have the same problems.
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
It is a terrible thing to be beaten up. No matter if a child is doing that to a parent, a parent to a child or partners do this to eachother. But if she is not able to respond different on that, stand up for herself this will ocntinue forever. She will always be the victim. And that is what I know out of first hand also that crying, hoping and praying won't help. You have to change it yourself and work on it yourself. Nobody can do it for you.
@stephcjh (32327)
I agree. I had to put a stop to my daughter treating me the way she does also. She does not come around anymore but at least there is peace in this house now.
Well, it sucks that it happened, but I agree with you that business is business. You can't wait around forever for people to pay for their orders. I hope you can get everything re-sold.
Yes I will try to sell it or it will be given out for Christmas gifts. which will save me money as well. Right now I am still mad lossing out on $250 total from two customers.
I think it's nice that you care about people like that. Maybe you can give the lady the name of a women's shelter nearby. It sounds like she needs one.
@stephcjh (32327)
Yeah. I think the lady should still pay for her order.
@stephcjh (32327)
That is so sad. My daughter treated me worse than a dog but she never did hit me. I know she really wanted to though.
Good for her she didn't, right Steph?
@stephcjh (32327)
Amen to that. If she ever tried to hit me, I think I would hit her back because I am tired of the way she treats me.
That is really bad and i feel so sad for the mother and to live her life like that. Im glad she is living with her son now and not her daughter and am so glad to know she is better. I hope her face heels soon but when this was over she should of called the cops and had her daughter and her daughters friend arrested and have them put in pure missory by having charges put on them for beating up the elder generation. You can do this in life and its battery and people need to relize that because if they did this once then they will do it again to someone else and its really sad and hurts my feelings as well to know people are like this in the world.
That is just horrible and one day her daughter will feel the fire for what she did to her mother.
@stephcjh (32327)
Me too. I hope the daughter gets what is coming to her also.
I just cannot imagine something like this going on. I know it happens all the time. Their are shows on tv that talk about these kinds of fights going on between children and moms. It is just so out of hand. My daughter hung out with a girl once who was mean to her dad and grandpa like that. My daughter told me that no matter what the girl needed, her grandpa was there for here. I knew him. He was such a sweet older man. Never said an unkind word. Well, my daughter told me that the girl would shove her grandpa when she was mad and nearly knock him down. Well, when I heard this, I would no longer let my daughter hang out with the girl.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I have to ask where has the respect gone in today's world? Children beating up their parents?....unbelievable. I hope everything turns out ok for your friend.....and you are such a caring and considerate person...and a great friend to her. Good luck to you both.
@stephcjh (32327)
Amen to that. My daughter will be 20 soon and she has no respect for me whatsoever so I told her to stay away from me til she does, if ever. I am past sick of the way she has treated me.
@Amanda81587 (3046)
Wow that is crazy. I could not imagine this going on. I could never hit my mother she would knock me clean on my a$$ and she is a small little thing. I can not believe that someone would go so low to disrespect their parents, I am sorry that this happened to you as well. I hope you gave her an a$$ whoopen
@stephcjh (32327)
My mom would have knocked me on my azz too. I would never want to hit my mom anyway. I don't know what is wrong with kids these days.
@jennybianca (12914)
This women should have gone to the police and laid charges of assault. The daughter needs consequences to her serious cations. she willnever improve her behaviour if she gets away with this. Is the mother going to kick her daughter out of her life? It is devastating.
That is terrible! I have never had my daughter disrespect me like that but my granddaughter nearly knocked me down the stairs. She was arrested and I would do it again. It is too bad this happened and also brought back some bad memories. Kids are different at times aren't they?
Wow, I haven't heard of something like this before, a daughter beating up her mom. Damn, this must be something. I've seen worse but I haven't seen something like this.
@stephcjh (32327)
I'm sure my daughter would love to try to do this to me. I would not put up with it one second though.
Wow. Girls going wild indeed.
@Keola12 (717)
That's awful. The poor woman. She should press charges against her daughter and have her put in jail. There are laws against this sort of thing.
@stephcjh (32327)
Yep. These dang kids need taught a lesson. Ungrateful, evil things!
@cream97 (29166)
Oh, that is not good at all! I am sorry to hear about this! It is so sad that a child that a mother births grows up to beat up on her own mother! This is a sad shame! It is very kind of you to not worry about her paying you for her gifts. I can understand that right now she can't afford to pay you because she lost out on a bet during a game. If my daughter beat me up, then I will put her out of my home, especially, if I am doing everything for her.
@stephcjh (32327)
I think kids that do this, need a good azz whoopin. My daughter needs one too. A good butt whoopin never hurt me when I was growing up. It may change the child and it may not but they are going to know that it is not going to be tolerated!
@carolscash (9500)
Why has this lady not paid you for the items that she ordered? There is no way that I would feel sorry for her and help her if she is not paying you for what items you had to order and pay for for her. I understand that you know as a mother how she feels but it may be that she is using you to a point.