the countdown to Christmas is pressuring me

my favorite news program has this countdown to Christmas just before it ends. they are saying that it is only some 95 days to go before Christmas. I am pressured everytime i hear it because it will mean that i have to prepare money so that I can shop gifts for my mother and father and my god-children. then also i have to save money so that i can also be ready with the expenses for the Christmas parties that we will hold in our areas. Dont you feel pressured guys? what are your opinions?
@janevi (889)
Don't let yourself be affected by the countdown. Take it as positively . Having a positive view of the season will have a great impact on yourself and the way you look at situations. If you see it as a burden(it causes pressure on you) because you will be saving money for gifts, i think that is not the message of the Christmas season. For me , it is a season of gift-giving , sharing and loving freely without strings attached. It is a season where all members of my family gather and celebrate it together.aside from that, it is a special celebration for me because it will be my birthday.:-) so I always look forward to it as a blessing. Not so much of the gift -giving but the celebration of my life.:-)
thank you janevi for stoppng me from being pressurized and leading me back to the true meaning of Christmas. i will just take change my views and relax and think that that season will be a good time to be with families and friends.
@janevi (889)
That's right. If one thing is causing you some pressure, let it go. It's not good for your health and your work as well. The result would be depressing. Enjoy the thing that you do and it will brighten up your day, your life, and even the people whom you are going to meet end encounter. Have a blissful day!:-)
thank you for continuously cheering me on janevi. happy mylotting!
@ckciasigurl (1713)
• Vienna, Austria
hi katrinapaz yes i am pressure also because i am just a student and honestly i am that to much in my expenses , i can only save a little bit in my allowance and i have many person whom i will give a gifts . and it is really hard.
@janevi (889)
if you have no enough money for the gifts, then it challenges your creativity.:-) I know teenagers are very created. Why not express that creativity in making 'stuff' to be given as your gifts this Christmas? you still have enough time to do that. start early so that you can have enough before Christmas.
yes, let those creative juices come out from our minds! i may not be that very creative but we have the internet for searching nice ideas for giveaways.
@cutepenguin (6457)
I don't feel very pressured because 95 days is still quite a lot. However, because I am making gifts, I do really have to get started. I'm not sure how I'm going to find the money for the gifts I need to buy - we are trying to save up for a house and our budget is pretty tight, but I'm still pretty sure that i have enough time. Just not lots of time.
you make gifts? that is a nice idea. i wish i can do too but then i am not that creative myslef. maybe i can find ideas on the internet. will search on it. thank you cutepenguin!.
@bluespygirl (2112)
I am a type of person who don't like looking at the clock much. Thus the pressure when I hear countdowns. I live by the day and plan too but the pressure is there especially Christmas countdown. Anyway, as BER months is there, I start buying gifts for everyone that I know and that way, I believe, I get cheaper items and I believe that what I pick up for the is they like because I bought it under stress..
that is a good idea bluespygirl. i think i want to copy your style of buying during the early BEr months so that i wont be under too much stress and i get thte time to choose the things that would be fitting for my loved ones.
@asyria51 (2870)
We have made the holidays simple. all of the children go in together for one present for the parents. We have stopped giving to siblings at Christmas, instead spend a little more at Birthday. I have a Santa Saver account and that is what we spend on our daughter. I have a few of my sites that do prizes, not money and I make sure that i choose books or movies that my daughter would enjoy. Anything that we do not spend, we convert to savings bonds for her education down the line.
i never heard of santa saver. can you elaborate more than that. i think that is a good way to save, is it? thank you also for giving me an idea on how to be able to save but still enjoy Christmas.
• Calgary, Alberta
I hate it when the year is about to end because it means, about to be over again for another year. I'm not catholic so I don't really celebrate Christmas but for sure I'm going to spend money again for the upcoming new year. And really wanted this year to end yet. I'm starting to see Christmas ornaments everywhere. Time is really running fast.
yes, time is running so fast that it feels like we only started 2011 yesterday. it also means that we are also growing old fast! but then we should still be thankful that we are able to survive everyday and hopefully to celebrate another year coming.
@preethaanju (3000)
If Christmas is pressuring you in one form its pressuring me in another way. I am a baker by profession. So its the time of the year for bakers to bend their backs a bit more to earn a penny or two more.I am looking for capital already for christmas.Hope Lord will help me and will be a successful Christmas as its been for the past 70 plus years for us
wow. Christmas is a time that you can make the most of your talent and also earn a lot. i am happy for you and hope that you will have a lot of customers.
@nezavisima (7417)
• Bulgaria
so much time there before Christmas and you still prepare good for you. this is very nice. I hope you do everything you want and your money you get. successful and enjoyable day!
yes, there are still 90 days to go and i have to work hard so that i will have enough money to buy the gifts and for the food. thank you and happy mylotting.