A big mistake stopping me getting a job.

When I was about 21 I did something very stupid and got a criminal conviction now in february of next year I will no longer have to put it on job forms thank god. But now I do and every job I apply for seem interested then they see my criminal record and decide against it. No matter how sorry I tell them I am and that it was out of character they do not want to know. What would you do if you were in my situation ? I have decided to try and find any temporary job until Feb when I can apply fresh without my conviction hanging over me.
@nezavisima (7418)
• Bulgaria
I would definitely not be refused to look for work no matter what position I am. important thing is to lose hope and faith sometimes just when you despair and sees silver lining in the dark tunnel right then it can be shown. so pleasant experience where and what you will come to anything. Be insistent explain it was a mistake and say sorry tears sometimes help. successful and enjoyable day!
tears are no good over the phone and they do not care how sorry i say i am.
@Porcospino (16428)
• Denmark
If I were in your situation I would also try to find a temporary job. I would apply for any job that I could find even low paying and very boring jobs. You know that you will be able to apply for a better job after February, so right now I think that you should apply for any job whether you like the job not. If I were you I would send out lots of lots of applications. Many employers reject you when they find out about criminal record, so I think that there is only one option. Keep on trying and trying, hopefully there you will find an employer who will focus on the person you are today instead of the things that happened in the past.
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
Wow that is a really sticky situation. I don't know what I would have done. Maybe I would have just kept on trying to find a job regardless, and if they reject me even after explanation then fine. Actually i don't really know coz it seems like a bit difficult case coz the job providers may be scared too so yeah. Maybe I would just stick to my online job till I get the record out of my job forms.
i'm not sure what i would have done either.. i guess i would have just tried to find casual work, like bar staff or something like that where they don't really look for references.
• South Korea
Yeah that sounds like a good idea
That’s great that you no longer have a silly childish mistake hanging over your head. I hope you can now turn your life around and do something great to totally make up for whatever little mistake you made.
I still have my mistake hanging over my head til february next year.