Is it a must for everybody to enter University or any further education ???

China
There are thousands of undergraduates graduating from universities and colleges without finding jobs every year, the number of which has been increasing rapidly. So according to this phenomenon, an increasing number of high school students think that it is unnecessary to waste time in colleges and universities and therefore, they pay an negative attitude to study in high school. For an evident fact is that they think that they can earn more money than the so-called undergraduates or even the postgraduates and may have rich opportunities to make their own business if they quit the chance to universities and set foot in business in a young age. so as a high school student, what is your opinion and do you want to choose to have a university experience or quit it to other business?
If you have an opportunity to enter college then it will be better to do it than venture into business without any foundation. Education is priceless and cannot be stolen to you.
@stary1 (6622)
I have heard a number of people say later in life they regretted not going to college and some of them have gone back even as older students. I can't remember anyone saying they are happy they never went to college..even though they potentially can make more money.
You are right stary1.
@GemmaR (8527)
I think that the current job market has made it so that people ned to have more qualifications than they did in the past in order to do the same jobs as they might have been able to do in the past. With the job market being so dire right now, it makes sense that we all need to do more in order to get noticed. Simply having a degree is not enough anymore to make us stand out, and this means that people are even getting higher qualifications after their degree simply to get to the same level as they would have been able to with their degree as recently as ten years ago.
@stary1 (6622)
That is very true but there is the other side..being over qualified. Some employers may look at someone with higher degrees and wonder how long they will stick around...
@bobmnu (8160)
Just think where we would be if everyone had a University degree? Who would work in the factories. In some communities in the US we already have a problem because more and more students are pushed into college and can not find a job , for which they studied, when they get out. Now I know of a few who are doing manual labor to make a living and all the time and money is wasted because they are not using their education.
@stary1 (6622)
I don't think education is ever a waste of either time or money. I think an deducation teaches more than facts..it teaches responsibility and self discipline. I wil agree some money was 'lost' on school when they could have been working, but I think in the long run it was still the better choice.
@WakeUpKitty (8716)
• Netherlands
No I don't think it's a must. There are so many people who go to university/college and they never get a job. It is also not said that they are smarter and know how to survive in real life. In the past years I noticed that the education level over here is getting lower and lower, and this is not the case in only our country. Except for the fact I do believe every person/kind of job is important in society I do believe that it's better to start working if you get that change at all as keep studying and being unemployed for the rest of your life.
@guanguan (73)
certainly it's not a must.everyone have their own choice to continue study or to step into the society.as we all know our abilities is the most important aspect for us to live in thew world.i see many people around me live happy lives without taking further education.so if you think you don't want to go to university for further education ,that does no matter....
@sunli123 (540)
I am not sure as people have their own ways to follow. For me, the four-year university life is a very important period in my life. It provided me not only a major degree but also a new window to view the world.
@Ghajini (776)
Probably the most common line that you would hear from people or students thinking about skipping university which is obviously a fact that some of the richest and well known people in the world are college drop-outs, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and the latest member of the pack, Facebook's CEO Marc Zuckerberg. The problem with most people is that they think that since some people have become successful in spite of skipping university or dropping out is that they would become the same as well. However, in reality it's only advisable to pursue a career or business if you have really believe that you have the skills to be successful in that particular field, example if you really think you are a good computer programmer and thinks can self-study, well I think it won't be bad to skip university. That also applies in situations where in a good opportunity arrives, example you are aspiring actor, model or singer then a job opportunity arrives, well obviously you should grab it like what most actors and actresses do. Perhaps, we can conclude that though college education is important it should not be compulsory rather a personal option where in a person can decide whether to take it or not. Also some individuals prefer to work or pursue their careers first then eventually go back to school later in life. Nevertheless, it's a matter of personal choice.
@stary1 (6622)
I pushed a University/College education for my kids. Now both have masters degrees and plan on getting PHds. My father was a college professor so it was a natural for me and therefore for my kids. In this day and age I think it is important to have a higher education even if you are planning to go into business. An education makes you a more well rounded persoan and better able to relate to people from all walks of life.
@kry893 (222)
I don't think alot of people would want to do university. Two of my friends skipped that and opened up their own business and they are still doing fine after all these years. Meanwhile, another friend who had 4 years of university education is still working with a good enough pay just to be able to save abit for personal usage. I have also known a friend who chose college over university and she's even doing better than my friends who were in university. So, I think a university education isn't the answer to providing the best future.
@nezavisima (7419)
• Bulgaria
Everyone has different dreams and not everyone wants to continue to learn. I personally even now teach 13th grade to get one accounting specialist. I think it is a matter of desire and the point now if someone wants to learn or not. nice day!