If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, then I'm from Earth.

Once again I was reminded I am not one of the girls. I don't like sitting around trying to figure out what men are thinking. Nor did I ever dream about my wedding or having children. And I can't be one of the guys All the time either. I'm not into gross out things and figuring out tech things. So I'm Neither ! I'll never fit in, as usual. Silly me , I rather watch sports with the guys and actually listen to what a guy says than try to find a secret meaning in what he says. sorry I guess I'm from Earth. Your thoughts.
@stary1 (6622)
LOL great line...and I appreciate what you are saying. If you ever read parts of the book you would be amazed how right on some of the characteristics are. I never studied techniques but read descriptions..I even convinced my skeptical husband to read a page that fit him perfectly.
Something tells me I would fit more in Mars than in Venus.
@stary1 (6622)
Maybe ...but I like your line about being from earth..you sound like a nonconformer..an independent spirit
Thanks
in my point of view the girls and boys should have a friendly relation. they should talk and share their opinions as casually. i know one proverb "one woman standing behind the success of every men". so one woman should encourage their partners to achieve success. they should also give a proper care to their children, they should be a best parent. teacher as well as a friend for their dear ones.
Fine and good but I never want to marry or have kids. So do I still matter?
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I probably fit into the Venus category and my husband is most often on Mars. But if I had to choose whether to be around men or women as friends, I'd probably choose men -- unless they were the type of men who were glued to sports events on TV. I don't enjoy just watching others do things. When I'm in groups of men and women in social situations, I'd much rather be in a conversation with the men than in the kitchen with the women. I've always been this way because most of my friends in high school were guys. I found most girls boring. I have learned to appreciate women friends more now, and I still think like a woman. Reading the book just helped me understand the male mind better so that my expectations were different. I no longer hoped he'd be able to read my mind or anticipate my every desire because that isn't how most men are.
Sports is the reason I Want to hang around with the guys. If I find a guy who roots for my team or is a hockey fan... we bond!! I am getting better with women. Before I would feel so out of place that I would dread being with a group of only women. As for the book, I never read it. I guess being female And yet more like the guys , I didn't see the point. I never assumed a guy would be able to read my mind. But then again I never expected a guy to Want to talk , period. But don't tell me G-d doesn't have a sense of humor, my guy not only loves to talk but... he isn't into sports!
@veejay19 (3592)
We human beings unconciously always want to know what others are thinking about us.Because of this we try to fit ourselves into different categories nad try to become what we are not but what others want us to be.Due to this we tend to become artificial and not our real selves.Take for eg there is a prominent personality.You will always find that he or she is surrounded by people who are known as hangers-on.These people will laugh when he laughs,cry when he cries, in short behave exactly as he does.They will put on airs in front of others and always drop his name in their conversations with other people and make an impression that this person can`t do without them.It is better to be ones natural self in behaviour and attitude even if one doesn`t'fit' into a particular category.Nowadays we hear the expression 'cool' and 'in' ,which means that you are acting according to the current traits.If you act naturally then you do not fit into the crowd and are not 'in' and not 'cool'.Being natural means being down-to-earth and its better to be like this rather than being artificial.
Thanks. I never even tried to fit in!
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
You mean guys mean what they say and you don't have to sit around for hours trying to analyze what they meant?
Absolutely! No translator needed. That is why I prefer guy friends.Less Bullsh!t!
@bounce58 (17550)
As a guy, who have been generalized to have come from Mars already, I really appreciate to hear about women who are actually from 'earth', and not have Venus-like tendencies. I think the world would be a little less complicated if a lot more women are like you Sarah. But that's just me. A Martian opinion.
Thanks. I have always been me , not frilly or Too boyish , Just me. It is refreshing to be praised for it. Thanks.
@Rick1950 (1481)
• Peru
Although there are now many women watching sport together with men, each woman is different with each other. Maybe you're a woman with a strong personality.
Why thank you!
I amfrom earth too. I'm not into sports but I'm not unto super-girlie things either. Well said!
Thanks!