I am trying to think about the good and not the bad in my place..

I live in a very safe neighborhood. You already know this because you know how I was living with adrian in that murderous town.. The down fall is I have no closet in my room and I pay for heat. which takes a lot of my money. My landlord came over for me to sign a new year lease. So,of course I signed it knowing i still can move out. But,what is heat when you can leave your door open and no one goes in your place. I have not had any problems walking home at night from the train. I feel 100% safe hear. we don't have police cars flying after people all day. so I am hoping I can just stop worrying about the money and think of the good I have.
@Rosa26 (2620)
That is my case too, because I am new in this community, here is very quite, and only enter to this apartment complex those who live here, because there cameras taking care of that. I don't see people walking on the street all the day because they leave early in the morning and come back in the night, I think I am the only one who is not working,[em]happy[/em. But this is a very peaceful place I love it.
Sounds like we live in good neighborhoods. You will be safe there.
@Rosa26 (2620)
Oh yes I love this place.
Then you should stay. I will buy me some curtians and fix up my kitchen..
@CTHanum (8254)
Glad to know that you move in to the safer place. You must have wrote about it but perhaps I missed the discussion about it. Perhaps you could find ways to reduce the cost since you don't have to use it. Or since you need to pay for it why not just use it instead leave your door open?
In the winter months my door will not be opened and my heat will be on...
@CTHanum (8254)
No one will open their doors during the winter and that the use of the heat right?(^^)
Your right about that it will be too darn cold. LOl
You do have to weigh the pros and cons. Maybe you can think of some way to reduce the cost of your heat. It sure is nice to be in a safe place.
I am waiting on this thermostat to be adjusted for me.
@telmesh (1793)
You'll be needing Adrian's pay check to pay for the heat but glad you've got a safe place to live.
@sid556 (31003)
I just did a discussion on pretty much this same thing.My place has always had heat included but now they are going to switch over to electric heat and cooking. We pay for our own electric.My landlady told me to just apply for asstistance but honestly, if I qualify, it isn't for much. I'm pretty sure I don't qualify at all. I never have before. They solicited me for food stamps which I was surprised at. I asked them what I qualified for ...It would be 14.00 per month. I am very worried that I won't be able to afford this new change. I'm trying not to worry. I worry because the alternative would to be homeless and frankly, that scares me a lot.
@yoyo1198 (3643)
Safe today may not be safe tomorrow. So you have to think about that. I've moved out of places that were just like you say yours is and withing a year or two, they were run down shanty towns. It all depends upon the residents and the property owners. The economy can take a toll on the best of neighborhoods.
@stephcjh (32327)
I know what you mean. I hate extra bills too. I know I would much rather live where I am safe too though. That is worth more than money can buy.
@bokkers (48)
@gift: For all I know that if money is the problem, then this isn't a problem at all. I'm sure you are capable paying your rent and all that other stuff and still have left over for savings. SO there really nothing much to be paranoid about. Stay optimistic, watch funny movies- get a good laugh, go do charity or something you like that could get you off your worries. Hope that helps mate: Cheerio!
@KrauseHome (35507)
Many times you have to pay more to get something that is Good. I know with the home my husband and I are buying many times things are quite tight. Especially since I have not been able to work Full time due to the issues with my leg. But it is a nice place, and most of the time pretty quiet. Some people consider this a not so safe of an area, as there is a lot of activity not too far from here where the Police are always involved, but I like it. It is my home and even with some of the financial set backs this is where I want to be.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
it is nice that you feel safe in your own home. That is very important. I suggest you continually look for a better deal with the rent/heat. Many rents here include heat. That way you can be as warm as you want...and who really knows how well insulated your apartment is...afterall, the heat could be going right through the walls, out the drafty windows etc. Maybe you and Adrian will be able to find the best of both worlds someday: security and affordable rent/heat. Good luck.
I feel you. I moved a lot since I was like in high school, I want to be near my school or workplace coz I hate travelling to and from work. Last year I resigned from my job and we transferred to a cheaper apartment. We actually feel safe in here, and the neighbors are nice. But we have a lot of problems with the apartment, like a leak in our ceiling and in the bathroom (we live in the 2nd floor of a 3-floor building). We already had it fixed, then after a month, it started again, so I'm really pissed, but when I think about how safe it is. I tend to just forget about the problems. But we do have plans to transfer, and when we do, we want that it would be in our own house already. So it may take a little while before we can move. =)
Some times it is hard to think of the positive because the negative think is right in your face constantly. I would hate not having a closet. You could get those racks like the stylists use for clothes. You can get covers for them too so they show all your clothes. I would rather be safe and have cubbies for my clothes.
i dont know if i were in your place i would rather live in an unsafe neighborhood than to have to pay more and worry about money i know what it is like to have to struggle for money to make ends meet and i usually do alright in bad situations most of my friends are the rough crowd so i am used to being in unsafe situations i have learned just because someone looks scary does not mean that they are dangerous and most "bad" people will not even mess with you unless you get in their way
Doesn't everyone pay for heat and air? I know my bill is always high and it drives me nuts. You do the best you can and it doesn't seem to help, you know?
Id gladly sacrifice my closet space for safety. The other day we accidentally left a door open, and our idiot neighbor barged right in!
It does sound like you feel very safe where you live and there is nothing wrong with being cautious as things in life these days can happen even in the best neighborhoods. Continue trimming corners and see if that helps to lower costs. Hopefully all continues well there for the upcoming years lease period.