I went to buy my first meal in their restaurant.

I live in a town full of hispanics. You can't find anything here but,that food or chines food. so,today I had my first meal from the restaurant by my house.I felt so funny going in because I am black. LOl but golly my rice and beans is off the chain. I am so glad I eat a little bit of food. this will last me till tomorrow. I m going to go back there to try something new. I love this food. I went there looking for something my daughter had given me. it was called like empanada.I would like another one of those.
In one of local Chinese restaurants, the best lunch customers are Hispanic, and then we have three sit down Mexican restaurants plus a Taco Tico and a Taco Bell. Our community is not that big, so this is a lot. I like good food of all kinds.
I like taco bell but we don't have one here.
Sounds good. We have alot of mexican and chinese and even Vietnam restaurants around here. Have you tried tamalies? They are so good. Used to be a lady at my work that brought them to work to sell. Delicious with sour cream. And, ofcourse, we have the Taco Bell right across the street from us.
Then you would love my Puerto Rican food as it is finger licking good. lol Although I am an excellent Puerto Rican cook, I do at times enjoy some from a restaurant. I do enjoy Chinese food as well as change is always good from the same ole, same ole routine.
@gloryacam (5543)
Empanadas are good. If you're talking about that bread with meat filling in it (that's what it is where I come from). I love eating different kinds of foods - chinese, japanese, mexican, spanish, vietnamese, korean, filipino, malaysian, french, italian, greek, you name it, I'll eat it.
@2wicelot (2948)
Hmmm, delicious.
@00fear (3211)
Oh yea empanadas are really good. I eat them a lot whenever my grandma and aunt makes them. My mom goes and helps them too and whenever my dad says I get to have a day off work, I tag along so I can get first digs. Haha, they always make some for themselves before serving it to the guest for dinner.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food there! My husband as you know is from Mexico so I love most all Mexican food! It is all good!! You should try the caldo it is really good!
@carolscash (9500)
It doesn't matter what race you are if you enjoy the food then go to the restaurant and enjoy! I like to eat at the local Mexican restaurant that we have near my home. I love their salsa for the chips and I love the melted cheese that they have.
I love Mexican food, like tacos, guacamole, burritos, chile con carne. Yes, the empanadas are great. The fried ice cream is just heavenly. I also love the chicken with potato salad, Spanish rice and flour tortilla at Pollo Loco.
@Cutie18f (9563)
Oh, empanada. This is commonly found in our place. It is delicious. It contains some ground meat and vegetables inside and some can really make super yummy empanadas.
@omchesunche (1755)
Nice to hear you dare to try new food..I always try hard eat local food whenever I go..Because it will save lots of many if we can adapt and enjoying those food..However, we need to take care of what we eat since our stomach maybe unable to adapt easily.. I like mexican food since it spicy and almost similar with my native food...happy eating...
@rajaiv0810 (1013)
You are lucky to have Mexican food near your area. There is a "so-called" Mexican restaurant here in our city but funny coz the Mexican dishes that they served are the ones which are not good. But the other dishes which are not Mexican at all are delicious. Well we still go there for there back ribs and gambas. I would love to eat a good burrito. We got empanadas here as well but maybe it is a little bit different from the empanadas there.
@shanemae (1025)
sounds yummy! i wonder how is empanada cooked there. here it's stuffed with cuts of eggs and some vegetables. i love going on food trip. but sometimes foods from other cultures are really expensive and i can't afford to buy all those!
@stephcjh (32327)
I am glad that you got to try something new. I love Mexican food. I like some Chinese also.
@bagarad (13028)
• Paso Robles, California
I don't think taste buds know what race people are. . I personally like Amercian, Chinese, Italian, Austrian, and some Serbian and Mexican food. Korean was too spicy for me. That's about all I have tried. I see people of all races in my favorite Chinese restaurant.