A Topless Mannequin - In A Charity Shop Window!

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
It wasn't one of those mannequins that SHOULD be topless. Do you know what I mean? In some stores you see a window-dresser in the middle of..er, dressing a mannequin and that - inevitably means a state of UNDRESS at some point. Anyway, what was striking about the mannequin in the Samaritans Charity Shop window was..she had a short party dress on but I could tell it had SLIPPED down, revealing her breasts! I know I shouldn't laugh but it was so funny seeing this. The top of the dress was obviously too big and had slipped down, revealing boobs WITH NIPPLES! I don't think I've ever seen a mannequin with nipples before..not that I make a habit of looking at them you understand. It did cheer me up though and I think the dress should stay..er..as it is as it may get more people into the shop!
@MandaLee (3692)
Wow, that is kind of shocking. Talk about publicity! LOL.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I don't think the mannequin was dressed this way on purpose as the dress did look a bit big for her...especially up top lol.
@JenInTN (27565)
I would say that put the coordinating employees on the spot once they realized it. That is pretty funny. I hope that there aren't any style crazy women out there that get the wrong idea about the outfit and think that's the way it's supposed to fit...LOL.
hi Janey oh how funny . yes it will be a drawing card to get people to come in to the charity shop. I did not know either that mannequins had nipples on their boobs either. how funny It is amusing. Just made me think back a few years when we had a heat spell and I was still working in the tustin branch LIbrary.the air conditioner had quit working and it was really 'hot inside the library. Carol one of the clerks suggested to get the ;powers that be to repair the air conditioning unit we all go around topless. One of us laughed and I suggested wow we wou ld really get some customers specially you Carol. she was a very pretty woman with premature hair in a glorious silver. she had the figure of a model so she sure would have got customers attention going topless. lol lol.Librarians really are not stuffy people at all not modern days anyways.At least we were not anyway.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I used to go in our local library all the time when I was younger (and, thankfully, it's still there) and the staff were lovely..always giving advice on books. It was a major thing when me and my friend were allowed in the adult section (I think we were about 13) although books weren't exactly risque. It was nice having a bigger choice of books to pick from.
LOL I probably would have had a little chuckle with that as well. One time when I was a teenager I was at the mall with my parents and went in a store and in the display window I pulled down a manniquins pants. The hands were positioned down in front of that area so it made the manniquin look like it was covering up its privates when the pants fell down lol.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Excellent stuff! I've never been brave enough to do anything like that so hoorah for you!
@smacksman (6074)
Haha! Love it shaggin
Many things is too commercialized these days,more so the stores.They go to any lengths to get more people into their shop ,even regardless of social ethics.Are the Charity Shops permitted this to happen?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I think you've misunderstood, which is understandable 'cos it's me who posted the discussion lol. No, my feelings on this is that the mannequin had been dressed properly, the ladies walked away..and the dress fell down without them realising. I doubt it very much it was done on purpose which is why it's funny.
So that's how it is!they didn't get their dress fell down on purpose.
@stephcjh (32328)
LOL. I do not think I would want to see something like that. I get so tired of seeing boobs on tv as it is. I do not want to see them in a store window LOL.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha!
@smacksman (6074)
The shop was just being charitable to old men. Put a bit of spring into their step, you know what I mean. Sigh! Thank goodness we can laugh about it!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Too true!
@ladygator (3469)
Thats interesting enough I wasnt aware that they had nipples either. Its good that it made you laugh, especially if you had been sad.
@Galena (9123)
oh that's nothing. I used to work in Debenhams, and we found a mannequin with a belt fastened around its arm, like it was going to inject heroin. we left it like that because it was funny.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha!
@stary1 (6622)
LOL that is very funny and I would have laughed too. I do wonder if after it happened they decided to leave it to attract attention... It probably put a smile on quite a few people!!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I only hope others saw the funny side of it too and didn't go in the shop to complain. Can you imagine that? The poor women who dressed the dummy probably wouldn't even realise the dress had slipped afterwards. I'm dying to see if it's still like that, actually but, no doubt the dress has been sold by now.
@petersum (4526)
Here with so many shops closing down, there are normally quite a lot of naked mannequins left behind. They come in all sizes but the larger ones just don't "sag" naturally! Although to be honest, they do look better than the classical Greek statues!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
It's good to know you take a vested interest in them.
@p1kef1sh (45642)
Maybe she is feeling lonely and wants some attention. It is the Samaritans after all!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Hahaha! Never thought of that!
Great marketing strategy! Oh my yes I have seen some at times that for some reason either someone thought it to be funny and the sales clerks did not notice and or they simply fall off. But I don't think I have ever seen one with n!pples though.