What are your Ways to Bond with your Sister/s?

@ronadelle (1547)
I have two adorable younger sisters! One is 19 years old and another is 15, who is the youngest in our family. The youngest actually just had her birthday last Sunday, and I asked her to come over my house so we (with my husband) could treat her. She was really happy to come over with my other sister and we went out to dine at a restaurant. Having done that, made me feel so happy that I can do something for her and see her smile. It's just a simple celebration but I know that it's something memorable for my sister. I love my sisters so much and I will do everything to guide them as much as I can. Do you have a sister/s? What are your ways to bond with her/them?
@huilichan8 (1379)
I wld tell my sis I appreciate her. I wld tell her I wish (& I pray) that she'll hv all that she desires in her career. And I wld buy her things (like clothes & food) when I know that she wld like to hv them but doesn't want to spend money buying them.
@ronadelle (1547)
Wow, that's so sweet of you. I do buy clothes or anything for them to wear or makeup kits too for them to enjoy. Because I know just how a lady like them wants those things. We're blessed having them around.
• Bulgaria
My sister is much younger than me. She is 15. I often invite her to come to theater with me. Sometimes I let her babysit my child. This is something she adores to do.
@ronadelle (1547)
That's lovely too. I know that your sister feels that she can help with something and feels good about it.
As long as we were under one roof all was well but once we were on our own there were differences between how each of us succeeded in our life. I was the youngest but somehow was better off than others in every way and this was not acceptable but I just could not give up what I was enjoying. Just because I was the youngest should I have taken care to see that I was lesser than the others just to win their affection?
@ronadelle (1547)
I can feel some hard feelings with you and your siblings. Are they very competitive with you? Of course, you don't have to hold back yourself from being successful with your life. They should be proud of you rather than to get jealous. I'm sad to hear about this but please know that you are still a family. No matter what happens in your life, your family will still be there for you. That's a reality and I hope that whatever disputes you may be having with them, will be over soon. Please love each other, that's what I can say.
Each set up is different. You are right. There should be no jealousy. I never knew siblings would be capable of that and I went on telling them of my life expecting them to be happy least realising that it was not so. I like listening to other peoples' successes as it is like flowers blooming in someone else's garden but beautiful to behold.
I think sisters r not very easy to bond with along with ur growth. I have a cousin who is younger than me. When we were young we always lived together, wore the same clothes, did the same things, even the way of speaking. I don't like to be imitated, but she always did so. Although I don't like that she always wanted to be another me, she's always my dear cousin. When we grow up, she always comparises to me, I find so hard to bond to her again.
@ronadelle (1547)
I think she just really admire you that's why she wants to copy you. She wanted to be just like you. You may feel irritated about that, that's normal but please think that she really just wanted to be you. She has seen good things in you and looked up to you. My sister are like this. They like wearing my clothes and ask me to give them some and so they look so much like me and I like that but of course I wanted them to have their own personality as well. I'm with you but please love her because she really look up to you.
I only have one sister, and she also happens to be my identical twin as well. Because of that, we have a very strong bond. We practically talk about anything under the sun. We understand each other very much. Even without saying a word, my sister already knows what I'm thinking. We do fight at times, but we would always make up after a short while. We are always together. We have the same sets of friends, that is why bonding with her is never a difficult thing to do. I feel blessed to have her as my sister. I already have an instant best friend since birth. It's nice to hear other sisters bond so well. Keep it up! You're a good sister to them.
@ronadelle (1547)
I love this! You know, I don't know why I'm always amazed with people having twin brothers/sisters. I'm really giddy thinking how you two look so much alike and different with personalities. I'm glad that you have this instant best friend in her. That's so cute to see! Keep loving each other!
@blue65packer (11835)
I have one sister. She is 4 years older then me. All my life we have had an up an down relationship. Right now it is good. My sister is known to get in these moods where no one else matters but herself and what she is going through. So when she has gottan like that I get pushed away when I really need her! She can be a b#tch,too! Anyway I have become to not realiy on her when I really need her. I know it will be like that my whole life and I can deal with it. I wish it was different but it will never change.
@ronadelle (1547)
Oh, I'm so sorry about that. I just hope that everything will get better for you and your sister soon!
I don't have any sisters(biological), I'm the unica hija (only daughter) but I do like to bond with my two brothers. Even if the other one was already married and with family and our youngest is in his early twenties, I do bond by taking them out to dine or watch movies. But now, its been a while since I am not in my country, and I only talk to them through online chat. Wish to do the old times and be with them too.
@ronadelle (1547)
Oh, but you know, I'm sure that when you see each other personally, it would be enjoyable coz you have a lot to catch up on each other! I'm glad that you have great relationship with your brothers. This made me my older brothers as well.
@Amfyre (515)
I have two sisters also. I like to make gift baskets up for them. Forexample when my younger sister moved out into her new home with her husband, bought a house warming gift for her. A while later when she had her baby and the baby was about 6 months old I made up a gift basket which I titled "Sexy Hot Mom!" I had filled the basket with coffee themed oven mitts and matching kitchen towels. In the basket I had also put in an easy to make delious cakes and cookies recipe book. Then towards the bottom of the gift basket was lip gloss, eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, hairclips and some sparkly earrings! I also had made a card with the theme of "Sexy Hot Mom" which said that even though she was a mom/house wife she could still be sexy cooking up a storm in the kitchen. When I gave the gift to her for "no Special Reason", she sat down and cried and was so moved, she was speachless and she could only hug me! I like to make gifts for no reason and just say " I love you and appreciate you". Everyone I think deserves to be told they are loved!!! Fyre
@ronadelle (1547)
I love all what you did for your sister! I know that you made her extremely good about herself with those gifts with those "Sexy Hot Mom". I would be glad too if it were me. I'll also cry and hug you and love you even more! Keep it up and always make your sister happy and blessed for having you! And yes, everyone deserves to be told they are loved and appreciated.
I have a younger sister who's 7 years younger. Now that we've grown we try to do as many things as we can together. When I was 14 she was 7 and our world then wasn't really close to each other. There's been a lot of struggle between us growing up but I can say that we are surpassing them the best way we can and also the best timing we're allowed. Right now, we try to cherish the time together as we are both single. We try to go out and dine outside, we watch movies, make surprises for her like a simple birthday celebration. I also remind her that when the time comes that we will find a partner to settle the rest of our lives with, there will be less time that we will spend with each other as we will be taking care of our own family, so let's try to make the most of our time now and enjoy each other's company. We are both learning from our mistakes and we try to appreciate our time together doing anything and everything. It's really great to have a sister through bad and especially the good times!
@webgirl01 (693)
I don't have a sister. I wish i did sometimes but I have an older brother. I wonder how's like having a sister. Well I do have a cousin who is 10 years younger than me. She's like a little sister and we are first cousins from my mom's side. however, she was like a little sister when she was younger till her 12th or 13 years. But we had alot of rifts. There are times I was annoyed of her, and she was a brat... also i wanted space and stuff. And she already outgrew me and we are just too different. it's like how it was before. I do regret whatever I did in the past between me and that closeness of hers...so yeah. It sucks that we aren't close like before. I guess we are okay now, but its different. I'm not as outgoing as she is. She acts and looks like she's older than her age. she's 18. She's more mature than me. I'm just too weird and kinda immature... But to bond with a sister, I guess just treat her out. If I had a sister, I'd play with her, treat her out, hang out, get along with her..I hear sisters can be annoying too, so gotta have patient with younger sister especially if you are the oldest sister of the family. Go shopping or mall or watch movies would be one i should do with my sister. :) I do have a sister-in-law. lol.
@koperty3 (1877)
I don't have a sister. I have younger brother. I see him not often as he still live in my native country. Sometimes I call him or sent him email but I always remember about his birthday and nameday. I realise that we are adults now and our path are separated now.
I only have one little sister that is six years younger than me. For a long time, we didn't have the best of relationships because of the fact that we didn't have a lot in common. However, now that we are both adults, we are able to have a good relationship with each other. We will go to the movies together and to sports events from time to time. She also is God-Mother to my daughter, so we are able to share in days out with Kathryn together as well.