Movie Star

@p1kef1sh (45640)
If myLot had a facility for you to make a personal video podcast instead of typing a discussion on the understanding that your face had to be in shot at all times; I wonder how many would make use of the facility.
I don't think I would be one to use that facility if offered here. Not that I had anything to hide but not the reason why I enjoy interacting here. I like the fact that I am able to distinguish each members uniqueness simply by what they write here. I suppose some would and that is okay if that is what they want to do. I also like the fact that we actually do get to learn what each member is like without having to concentrate on what they look like on a daily basis.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I think so too. We make a mental picture of what we are like and don't want to blow that image... well perhaps a bit. LOL. I know two myLotters who I was convinced were two little old retired librarians. Then I met them and nothing could be farther from the truth!
Sadly we do live in a really superficial offline world where some do not get past the good looks to see and or recognize the true ugliness of a person. Where as here we get to appreciate the inner sides of members first. This my friend has been priceless for me being a member here. Although I have not met myLotter directly, I have come to really know them from inside first. I then later have seen some member photos and my first inner impression of them matched exactly what I saw the outer side to be.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
That's true. If you were to see me (and believe me that is very easy to do. I am all over the place online) you'd scream and run a mile. Yet on here I seem such an amiable old buffer.
@nannacroc (4049)
Not me. I don't even like my photo taken and wouldn't like to post my image for strangers to see.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Let me do it for you Nanna!! I have some! LOL. You are safe!
@petersum (4525)
I expect THAT will come to mylot eventually. The younger generation barely have any writing skills anymore. I hope it doesn't come in my time! I wouldn't like that at all.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I saw somewhere that the US state of Indiana no longer teaches cursive writing in its public schools because people use phones and other hand held devices more than hand write. The slippery slope if you ask me.
@sharra1 (6342)
Not me. I am not interested in making movies or puting myself on the web like that. I do not like web cam and I do not trust people not to misuse things that people do on them. I have seen too many cases now where people's photos and videos that they thought were private appear in public and shame them. People can be so nasty and you just cannot trust them in that sense.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I think that one has to be careful. I tend to only go on webcam with family and close friends. But there are one or two ophotographs out there that i shall just have to accept any consequences for should I become famous enough to be of interest to a wider world!
@stephcjh (32327)
I wouldn't use it LOL. I do not want my face all over the internet LOL.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Aww go on Steph. Please......
@rafiholmes (2897)
nice facility..but no..not for me yet...
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I don't think that you are the only one.
@jillhill (37383)
I probably wouldn't! I don't even like my picture taken though in the past couple of years I have had a few more. I guess it's because I always think I am too fat. My daughter for my 60th birthday in July made a scrapbook of just her and me...and now when I look at my photo's I don't seem fat at all. Stange!
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Probably because we are our fiercest critics. I lost a lot of weight but still see the odd jowl that tells me that I just have to have put 20lbs back on with that last rice cake that I ate! LOL.