Blue Screen on my cousins PC

@syoti20 (5295)
My cousin was using their PC, encoding some projects when she encounter blue screen to their PC. STOP : 0x000000A5 (0x00010003,0x84479D0, 0x00000000, 0x844529A4) The ACPI BIOS in this system not fully compliant with the ACPI specification, Please read the ream me.txt for possible work around. Is there anything I can do to help?
@nanajanet (4436)
All I can say is to dump Windows-based computers and buy Apple/Macs. They do not do that!
@jjzone44 (917)
You might want to take a look at this Microsoft article as well: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831691
@syoti20 (5295)
I will save your number as reference just in case.
@jjzone44 (917)
Ok, Let me know how things turn out for you!
@jjzone44 (917)
Hi syoti20 Usually A5 errors are caused by some mis-configuration in the system files. Since the system was working fine previously, I would first check to see if some update has created this issue. Since the machine is pointing to the ACPI specification as the culprit, this is where I would start. Unless your cousin updated their BIOS, I would first try using System Restore to restore the computer back to an earlier date when the problem did not exist. Then she could try encoding that project again to see if the problem comes back. If it does not, then I would check the Windows Update log to see if any recent updates affected the ACPI or power handling of the machine. If so, remove that update and try running without it. Hope that helps
@syoti20 (5295)
No, they didn't upgrade their Bios.
hi syoti when I had a blue screen it came right after my son had changed my virus protection from AVG to a different free virus protection.we learned after trial and error that my windows 2000 i had at the time was not compatible to the new virus protecton so my son had to uninstall it and put AVG back in and no more blue screen. I now have windows xp professional and it came with a very good virus protection.have your cousin check to see what new software she may have entered and try uninstalling various ones to see if some new installed software is incompatible with your cousinss operating system.
@syoti20 (5295)
Uhmm I see. But my cousin didn't installed any anti-virus. No new software installed.
@johndur (3049)
• Pasig, Philippines
looks like a bad or low memory...try cleaning the memory modules pins with a pencil eraser and try it...
@stephcjh (32328)
I am not sure about the error or the code. I am not that computer smart.
@ckciasigurl (1570)
• Vienna, Austria
hi syoti even i is experiencing this what they told me is try reformat but my lap top i always reformat but still it is not working..it starts the blue screen if i am playing games at my lap top.
I am afraid to see the blue screen. Since it seems there is no way to fix it or I don't know how to solve this problem. If it happens frenquently, usually I will format my computer and reinstall the operating system and to solve this problem. I love China
@kingparker (9698)
I have no idea about this symptom though, you might probably need to download the driver, or the some of the color pixel missing from the screen. The best thing is check with your graphic card, it might not function well, and you might need to replace another one. That was just my initial guess, I am exactly sure what is going on with your PC.
@samafayla33 (1857)
Bleepingcomputer.com makes the most sense. Perhaps too if she still has the windows/linux/macos disc she can reinstall it on her computer sometimes pressing esc before you come to the bluescreen keeps it from happening. Always read the log files when the computer starts up.
@omchesunche (1755)
Well,I have experienced same problem on my computer. It was crashed on my hardisk due to overheating or something. It can be memory issues but mostly hardisk. What you can do is bring it to service center or just try open hardisk and install back. Sometimes dust cover the hardisk also causing this problem.wish you all the best to fix this issue.