almost everybody here at our country aim to go to canada..

good day fellow mylotters, i was wondering why almost everybody here at our country wants to go to canada. wherein they are spending a lot in paying at travel agencies just for the sake that their visa will be approve. i am quite surprise they are really doing anything for the sake of going at that place. even the professionals that have a good career here are also aiming to go there. wherein, in that place, you need to undergo a process before getting a citizenship. and still, you need to work really hard to earn a living. just like here, you need to work hard to earn a lot. but one thing is for sure, you need not to go on a process just for the sake of having a citizenship. canada, oh canada, your place really fascinates many.
@umabharti (3976)
As everyone showign interest in flooding to canada ,no one leave the chance to move to that place,it is a habit of humans also to go to some country rather being in the own country. May be really something is there with the country Canada.
@hexebella (1140)
I don't think it is a habit, I believe that people would like to make their lives better, something that they can't find in their own countries.
@umabharti (3976)
yeah may be going to some other country is good,in some reasons,i agree.
@hexebella (1140)
Because there is no future in the Philippines.If only this country I am having residency now is naturalizing expatriates, I would rather stay here than the Philippines. If I have an opportunity migrating to any other country, I will also do it, as much as possible, I don't want to go back to Philippines anymore, I will die of starvation there as there are no jobs that country can offer to it's citizenry.
@katcarneo (1429)
I feel bad for you that you think that way about our country. I feel bad that there are many of you who think it's the country that's preventing you from becoming successful. I don't know about you but I have a future in the Philippines. I will never die of starvation here. I have no dreams of going abroad. The thing is, I just work hard. Here or abroad, I have a future. It's me, not the place where I am.
@arnoldream (1332)
people go abroad for a definite reason and that is to earn more than they are earning at present, and canada like america is a good prospect and a place of destination to earn much as perceived..i do have a cousin who work in canada and they're doing well specially in alberta, canada. business and work opportunity thrives in that part of canada because of the oil mining in that place which rally the economic environment of this place. my cousin also told me that today canada is also suffering the economic effect of the financial crisis and with the increasing migration of foreign workers jobs and employment is becoming scarce and unemployment is beginning to be felt from other parts of canada..well paying all the dues to have visa and for processing do takes and cost a lot of money, but why not if you have money to spend for this endeavor, just be sure its not fake one...
@Vrilya (128)
They should go there for a holiday first to see what it is like, as the winters are very cold indeed, like being inside a fridge and they may not be able to handle that. There are ice bears and grizzly bears there too, that you have to watch out for as they come into town sometimes to raid the garbage.....
@junmae (1592)
Ive known a lot of friends who are desperately wanted to go to Canada even though there application is only process by a legal counsel and not an Agency. Therefore, they will go to Canada without jobs and they only have Visa. I don't know if unemployment rate with the country is low because many fellow Filipino wanted to go there. A friend spent about half a million peso just to get a Visa and I was shocked because that includes only the fee for visa and visa processing.
@r3jcorp (1384)
Never in my life that I've dreamed of living in another country except for the Philippines. I have a permanent work, I live a simple life, I have only 2 children and my in laws are helping us. In fact, I am living a happy life... though not extravagant. Until the day the a friend deserted me and left me financially drain. Yes, at the moment, I am thinking of migrating or look for other work abroad. And if given a chance, I would choose Canada as my first priority because I know I could easily get my family. But I'm still holding on... hoping that my luck would finally find me and I could still settle my financial problems.
@petersum (4525)
Canada is a popular dream destination amongst people of many countries. For people who have never been to Canada, including myself, it is probably the only exciting place left where you can make something of your life. If that is actually true in reality, is another matter. I have some friends who emigrated to Canada from Pakistan. They nearly didn't survive the first winter! They never knew what cold really was like! But now, they have no regrets. I feel it is rather sad, that with space travel, we now know that there aren't any more unexplored lands to find and colonize. Yet in our minds, many of us would like move to an entirely new land.