huh ? i snore?

We really cannot tell for ourselves ,if we snore or not during our sleep. It’s our partner or siblings or parents who would tell us when they hear us do it in our sleep. I for one ,cannot believe that I do snore when I am sleeping. This, my husband told me . So when he first told me that, I really can’t believe it. I have to ask him how loud it is. So he recorded it and let me hear it. In my single days, I don’t snore as my siblings attested. But I have to accept now, that I do snore , when I heard that recorded one in my husband’s cellphone. Though, it’s actually a hiss, not a snore, like that of a pig when he snorts.
They say that I occasionally snore,particularly after drinking,but isn't such as to wake others up.It is said that snore can bring about Apnea syndrome,even some people are treated by surgery.
Yes, it could bring about apnea. Specially when one snores so loud and heavily like they are gargling, it's dangerous, because it can already bring about apnea. So, when that happens to my husband and vice versa, we wake up each other. My husband also snores heavily when he had a drinking spree.
It seems that it does harm to our health even though it is a very minor illness.It can be avoidable to sleep on our side.
My husband said i snore even if i am sleeping on my sides!
@sjvg1976 (12674)
Hello SIMPLYD, I also snore at night and my wife too get disturbed at night due to it because i snore a bit loud. I also never used to beleive it that i snore but once my wife too recoreded it and showed me in the morning i came to know i snore. Because of snoring only my all brothers and kids if they are waken up avoid to sleep in the same room with me because they say i make loud noise at night.
I think you don't snore just a bit loud but really loud !As you said all your brothers and kids don't want to sleep in the same room as you. Maybe that should let you consult a doctor so it could be more or less lessened. Me, my husband doesn't complain qbout it, but simply laughed at me because i am like a cobra hissing when i snore. I guess, i began to snore when i added weight on my formerly slim figure. My husband used to snore before when he was still bigger. But when he slimmed down, i barely hear him snore anymore. Hmm, . . i will research .. .
@naseemkum (1804)
Oh so that weight really matters in snoring i think as per ur point people having overweight wil snore more than normal peoples. As snoring starts in particular age after 40's or do u hear childrens snoring somewhere in bed while they are sleeping.
As to children, i really haven't heard one who snores. I haven't heard my daughter snores when she sleeps. Her bed is in our bedroom, since she was a baby. Yes, weight plays a big part in the cause of snoring.
@megamatt (14333)
Ha, I don't really think any of us really know if we rather snore. I am told that I do. I most likely do. I would not really be surprised if I snore. Of course, its not like it can be helped if I am in the process of sleeping right in the middle of the night. So yeah, snoring is just a part of sleeping for many people to say the very least. Of course, there have been some really annoying snorers that I have heard. To the fact that you can hear them snoring from down the hallway. And I would not be surprised if you could hear them from next door. Okay maybe not but its just a part of life. There are snorers and then there are SNORERS! Then again, there is not much to do about it. Just got to live with it.
Oh, so you have to use an earplug, bagarad. I think my husband doesn't need that for me because i only hiss! My husband used to snore loudly when he was a lot bigger. But now that he has slimmed down, i snore more than him. We both would wake up each other, when snoring becomes heavy. We know that when that happens, we are experiencing sleep apnea , so we have to prevent it by waking up each other.
@SHAMRACK (8350)
Dear friend, I do had got a chance to hear various types of snoring when I had been in a domitry one night. There were about 50 people in a hall. We had just wen to a pilgrim near Tamil Naud in India. It was so wonderful, that many of us were unable to sleep well. As the sound of snoring increased the light snoring people too came awake. The pending sleep was diluted during the day time journey. My grandpa used to snore well may not just hiss, it was burr burrr..
Yes, my friend, very loud snoring could really awaken some people. But for me, i can adjust to that because my husband would still be usually watching TV in our bedroom, but it doesn't deter me at all in my sleep. So it's burr, burr for your grandpa.
I also cannot believe that I snore everytime I sleep. However, it only occurs when I am very tired. But I don't know if even when I am not. Actually there are a lot of things that we don't know that we are doing everytime we sleep. Snoring, sleep walking and sleep talking are the most common. And surprisingly, I do experience these all. It just so funny that I cannot even remember that I did those.
Like you, my daughter sleeps talk always in her sleep. Though she doesn't sleep walk and snore. These things we do when we sleep could only be affirmed by somebody who sees and hears us while we sleep. Usually they are the ones most affected , if we sleep ahead of them and snore so loud!
@ardoy0731 (6866)
yeah we really don't know if we are snoring or not.There are some who real snore so loud and sometimes its irritating lol.We also snore when we are really super tired and have a deep sleep.
Snoring is just fine if it's just in a soft manner. But a snore that can really awake people or would let people put earplugs just to be able to sleep with them, is something to consult of to the doctor. It could already bring about sleep apnea and that's something to be afraid of.
@bingskee (5238)
this is so funny. i was also told by Papsie that i snore. just recently. though he told me it is not so loud. it was like a 'mahinhin' snore!
I think most adults snores also. Specially, when one is so tired, he is sure to snore. At least mahinhin ka mag-snore . I guess i do too, because i only hiss.
@mariahhh (1328)
• United Arab Emirates
Nobody told me that I snore, so i don't think I snore when I sleep. But I know that I grind my teeth so loud during my sleep. When I wake up in the morning, my teeth and jaw hurts from too much grinding.
I guess you are still to young and slim to be snoring, my friend. But the grinding of the teeth, that's something you should see the doctor about.
@mariahhh (1328)
• United Arab Emirates
Haha how did you know that I'm too young and slim? My dentist told me that grinding is normal. Maybe because of stress.