Noynoy style?

filipinos are feeling the pressure of rising prices of basic commodities and basic services not to include also the uncontrolled manipulation of the oil companies which we all believe are making big money on the oil business due to over pricing of their oils..i have a friend in saudi arabia who told me that gasoline price in that place played around 5 pesos only per liter...and that means the 55 pesos worth of gasoline in our country are all due to profits and taxes...the cry to regulate the oil industry is now the battle cry of the protesting masses and the government can't do nothing about this issue and all we can hear from them is that the government is studying the issue..well in fact what the government is doing is all about how to file a case to the past administration which is taking a lot of government resources and taxes which should be given to much important needs, our country is facing... his style once check of his shortcoming , is to point others specially his political foe over the very obvious lapses he has done...look what he has done recently when typhoon pedring and quiel brought much flooding, is it not he was question over his personal accountability as a president to show sympathy and support for these victims? i think pnoy lacks the sympathetic heart of his father and other past president
@airkulet (2705)
Good thing that I didn't vote for him, I actually vote for Gordon which is you can see in any disaster place in the Philippines. Most of Filipinos will go over popularity than a potential. But still hoping for the best, he is still our president and I rely on what he can do in our country! Good luck to him!
there are good leaders in our country, i just dont know why do people always vote for popularity..as you have said he's our president now and we can't do nothing about it except to hope that he'll do fine...just dont forget about hacienda luisita...poor people tsk tsk...
I dont think Mr. Gordon will be successful even if he becomes a president. He is good in local governing, but he lacks sincerity and connection to the masa. His style is that of a strict disciplinarian and he always flaunts about the progress in Olongapo. But the thing is the town flourished because of the USA bases and the money that goes with it . Any mayor or governor can easily look good without doing much. And you should also realize that Mr. Gordon still has pending corruption charges on court with regards to his past dealings in SBMA. Truly somebody who is not even worthy to become a governor in the first place, and I am glad most Filipinos agreed and was never fooled by his well-financed photo-ops using the Red Cross.
@airkulet (2705)
It seems that you know Gordon very well, I assume that your vote goes to Noynoy who has the connection with the so called makamasa. Actually he is the one pursue that the Americans should leave the Olongapo back then, and he even manage it well without them!
I agree with you when you said that Pnoy lacks sympathetic heart. Also, he lacks command and leadership, always pointing fingers on others and avoiding responsibilities. hope he realizes this before Philippines go into deeper mud we are already in.
listen to this...the chinese investment he has gotten from his visit in china are mostly in mining industry...you know what's this? our country is being stripped with the natural resources like the metal ores we should be the one using them to produced products like gold,nickel,chrome,tin, iron, manganese and other metals which when processed will end up a highly price commodities like japan and china is doing that's why they're mining in us and buying these ores in great volume in small amount...why cant we be the one to do the business and the manufacturing...
If this is true, then that whole trip is a big BS and spending 25M for that, wow, what a waste of money.
@salonga (27955)
Oh dear you don't compare price of gasoline in the Philippines to that of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is one of the major oil producers in the world so gasoline is naturally much, much cheaper in their place. But there is one thing we should rejoice about. While gasoline in our place is higher or much much higher in our country than that of Saudi Arabia, we do have much cheaper water here than in Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia, water is very dear and so unfortunate for them because even if gasoline is cheap they can't drink it. Well kidding aside, I do believe also that Noynoy is a weak kind of President. I am not really happy with him but in all fairness we can't always put the blame on him. What we are experiencing is already a world crisis. I think almost all countries are experiencing the same kind of trouble but comparatively speaking the prices we have are still lower than those of other countries.
you know you're a funny man my friend and i like you..anyway what have you said is right..but let me tell you this..if the government of noynoy would not do any radical change about the way his government and the philippines is heading for then we're stuck with the same problem this government and the past regimes has never solved...