What is going to happen to all the students

taking the teaching course in college... I see there was a big cut back made the other day. They laid off a few hundred people in NY. I will wonder if they will lay my brother of at anytime. he is a teacher as well. That is one job I would not want in this lifetime. They should find other ways to cut costs.
I actually would love to be a teacher, but I don't think that it is an area that any area can afford to cut costs in because without good teachers, we don't have students that grow up to be leaders in the world. Yes, the period of time that we've been going through it the last several years has been difficult, but I do think that a lot of the cuts that are taking place are not taking place at the right places. The educational sector should have been preserved before the banks in my opinion.
@writersedge (22579)
I so hope he can keep his job. They've laid off a lot of teachers all over in this state for sure. My friend who is a college instructor has been lucky. Others were let go, but she's still teaching.
@stephcjh (32327)
I would not want to be one of those people either. The economy is horrible right now.
The future for upcoming teachers is so uncertain. What an outright shame! You are right why cut the areas that are so necessary. Teachers are very valuable. They even cut the number of policemen as well, and oh my less protection in a world where crime is high. Hopefully officials realize that they are cutting into an area that is so needed. I hope it gets resolved, however with the direction of our economy, I fear they are barking up the wrong area.