Write tips please on how to save money.

@sreekutty (1051)
I save money by purchasing groceries for a month. It saves money on transportation. We also buy items like rice and wheat in large quantities-that is cheaper than buying a large number of small packets which actually cost more. We powder whole wheat also. I would like to know other ways to save money from mylotters.
@JOIEMARVIC (2342)
I try to stick to an allotted budget or to a grocery list whenever I go shopping. When it's not on the list, I do not buy it. I also try to practice the envelope system. Every payday I divide my money into different envelopes and try not to spend beyond the allotted amount. Another common and helpful practice for me is taking away a part of my salary and saving it before spending or dividing what's left of it. Save first before you spend.
@sreekutty (1051)
very good idea- envelopes.
@airkulet (2705)
I save money by skipping refreshments. I only drink cold water which is readily available at homes and you don't have to go to a store to buy it. Before we go to a mall I make sure that we are already eat our meal so that we may prevent hungry or we could just eat only a snacks in there.
@samafayla33 (1857)
my favorite meals are beans, they are both a good source of protein and fiber. I don't like taking cholesterol medicine so i take fish oil tablets and eat fiber. The beans are only $1 a bag and you can cook them in the crockpot.
@taheraa (1547)
• Giza, Egypt
There are a lot of methods to save money, one of those methods are the 50%/30%/20% rule which based on trying to split your income to 3 parts one part which represent 50% for our needs like house rent, electric & water bills, clothes, meat & chicken, and all groceries are needed withen the month. and spend 30% for our wants like family entertainments, vacations...ect. and the other remaining which represent 20% should be left as saving money.
If you're trying to save on entertainment, use your local library to get movies. If you get movies from your local library while they're still new you will be ale to watch them on your DVD player.
@sanofer (525)
Try to put an account book and write each and everything you bought for that particular month. In the month end just go through that book and check what are the unwanted things you bought for that month and try to avoid those things in the upcoming month. By doing this you can save money. Better use public transports to go to office rather than using your own car or bike. By doing this you can save your money by not using petrol.
@sanofer (525)
@greenline (14864)
Here is one thing I always tell myself ( and my relatives ) for saving money, that is "not to waste money" ! I would not spend money on things which are not essential, which are not really necessary. Before spending money, I would think and make sure that it is absolutely necessry. If not, I would not spend money on that.