Prayer request for co-worker

@lilybug (21148)
A woman I work with has been having a lot of health troubles lately. She is a single mom with 4 kids. Her husband died a few years ago and she has been struggling with drinking, drug addiction, grieving her loss, and raising her 4 kids on her own. She has no health insurance and has spent most of the last 4 weeks in the hospital. She went in straight from work one night to find out that she was going through kidney failure. The doctors determined this was caused by Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura(TPP). She has been getting plasma and blood transfusions for the last few weeks and they even did a few low doses of Chemo on her. She now has a blood clot in her right lung and her platelet count has gone dangerously low. Do you know anyone who has gone through anything like this?
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
My husband had kidney failure. The heart medication damaged his kidneys and led eventually to kidney failure. I am so sorry for this lady as she is really very ill.I will pray so hard for her to get better but without health insurance how can she manage to pay the hospital bills? Do you have any free hospitals that can assist her? This is so awful as she must be worrying so much about her children. I sometimes feel that the older I get the sadder life becomes or maybe it is because I am seeing so much poverty and what I do to help is only a drop in the ocean. My heart goes out to her.
@lilybug (21148)
She will never be able to pay the bill. I can only imagine how high it must be already.
@katsmeow1213 (29044)
That's awful! For so many terrible things to happen to one person, it's rather mind boggling, isn't it? I hope she's able to fight through it all and get better soon.
@lilybug (21148)
I know, she just can't seem to get a break.
@KrauseHome (35514)
Wow!! This would be a hard thing to deal with. Even compared to everything that I have had to endure Health wise, at least I do not have kids. These poor kids. I will be Praying and believing something can be done for the Mom. Sounds like she needs a miracle right now for sure.
@writersedge (22579)
This was my biggest fear when I had no insurance. That I would get something really wrong with me and run up a huge bill. I will pray for her. I hope she gets well soon. For her sake and for the children.
Wow.
@jillhill (37383)
No...but there is power in prayer so I'll join everyone else in saying a prayer for her! I hope soon things turn around!