Students waste their time on cell phones

Cell phone is no doubt a great invention in this modern world. In fact these tinny inventions are ruling the world. Today's you can't imagine life without a cell phones at you home, in your office or in your pocket.It is good to see such inventions on one side. On the other hand, against the point I raised above , these mobile phones destroying the lives the students and many other individuals. They remains on their cell phone for hours even late at night and most of them becomes addicted to their girlfriends and vice versa. This situation is bad and they students do not appreciate this and go on doing useless activities.Even girl students do the same.
@vasumathi (438)
Yes it too agree !!! I think today's younger generation are misusing the cell phones. They are held up with cell phones day and night. i think we should not encourage this. Parents should keep an eye on their childrens, so that they dont hang on cell phones for hours together
yeah. Now a days Cell phones are causing many problems and many are misusing the cellphones and i have the people who talks such a long time on mobiles
Yes you have got to go a good point that parents must have eye on their children as they are the ones who are the responsible for their children.
Yes, cellphones can really be addicting. However, I think it is not the fault of the cellphones that the students and the young generations are wasting their valuable time. I believe that it all depends on the discipline of the students and how they will limit themselves in the usage of their cellphones. Imagine how beneficial cellphones will be to this world if people can control cellphone usage, thus, minimizing the adverse effects of cellphones. Just my two cents.
@ronadelle (1547)
You are right AgentGulaman and Gavrilovich! It's the person's self-discipline and not the technology. For all we know, cellphones are already a necessity, it's just young people are so fond of it that they get addicted and spend hours with it setting aside their other obligations. That's what makes it not good for them.
I agree - it's not really about the technology. However, I think that young people are not really mature enough to necessarily understand the ramifications of spending so much time on their phones. I think that the parents should really take responsibility for this - they need to make the kids either pay for their own phone bills or take the phone away from them if their grades drop. It's much the same with TVs or laptops. If you let kids stay connected 24/7 without consequences, most of them will do so. However, you need to teach them what the limits are.
@WakeUpKitty (8711)
• Netherlands
A cell-phone is a great invention. Especially for those who cannot have a phone connection at home by a phone company. Many people over here don't have a home-phone anymore. Why? Because you have to pay for it every month even if you don't call. If you like to move you have to pay a lot for moving your phone as well. For that amount you have to pay for your homephone you can make a lot of phonecalls on your cell-phone. Even if it's a prepaid! I also do believe people waste a lot of time on their cell-phone. And they use it everywhere. Which I don't find polite at all. There is not such a thing as a privat phone call anymore. Personally I only pick the phone if I have time for that person.call. So not when I am in a shop, driving my car or my kids are all around me. If I call someone I look for a quite private place. Otherwise I send a sms. Annoying I do find people who look at their cell-phone every few minutes. No matter if they expect a call or sms or not. It's far from great to go out with such a person, have a visitor like that or celebrate a birthday with people who watching their cell-phone every few minutes or make calls each time. I do know that many people feel forced to pick up the phone when it's ringing. I don't. The phone is there for me, in cases of need. I don't pick up when I am not able too, am not in the mood or have better things to do. Also I don't pick up phonecalls from anonymous callers. If a cell-phone is destroying once life only the owner can tell. IT's the way you handle it. It must be possible to leave it at home or switch it off. To be honest I don't believe students waste their time on cell phones more as others (which you wrote in your title). What is an useless activity is also something the student has to decide not you. I think if you inform all over the world boys call their girlfriends not whole time like you state. They will call a friend more frequently as their girl friend. And if it comes to your statement: EVEN girl students do the same. I can only laugh in your face. Especially about that world "EVEN". You sound like a very old and olfashioned person to me. Someone who lives in a time and age where women have no rights at all, blind for what is happening in the real world. Even girl students...
You did a great job while writing the above comment. I like your style of writing very much. You are all right in your comment too. Listen, I pin pointed the students as they are always our new generation and they are the ones who are to lead next. I agree with you in the view that there are a lot others who waste time on the cell phones. But I just mentioned the students as I'm a student and as I had an experience of this at my hostel. The second sentence you criticized "EVEN the girl students do the same", I'm to say that I belong to a Muslim country and it is believed that the females must be in limits (no limits for their rights--- Islam gives full rights to the woman), and they are known to be naive and innocent in our society. So, I mentioned that they also do not think of their status in the Islamic society. I think you will getting your answer!
@lady1993 (16074)
yes,I agree with you, cell phones have their benefits, but if people use them too much, they can be bad too. They can even cause accidents... It is mostly students and other young people who use phones too much- even in classes. teachers should discipline them so they won't use it all the time.
@Rosa26 (2620)
My son is thirteen and wants o a cell phone to go school but I don't want he has one because I don't want he get in troube because of the cellphone. Before to buy a cellphone for him I am trying to educate him about that.
that problem, always happen in my places. believe it: they can type their hand on cell phones button without must see it. but, i can make them imprssive with writing without must see what i write. they said i'm smart, but i said "no, i'm not smart. you all just too stupid". you right, teen now do something waste their time with their cell phones. anyway, where are you from?
@jaiho2009 (39034)
I agree that mobile phones is a great help to us esp when it comes to communication. But this technology also has downside esp with students. this gives them disturbance, texting while inside classroom no matter how strict the school policy is, some students are too stubborn to violate rules. have a good day
@janevi (889)
While cellphones is one of the greatest inventions of the modern world, it was a result of a research on how to make life easy and convenient. Whether you like it not, everybody is benefiting from it especially in the practice of your profession, being a medical doctor. I think students just need some reminders on how to use their cellphones properly. Parental guidance is always important in the guiding their children on how to use their resources properly so that they will have enough time for everything and not just spending long hours of suing their cellphones unless it it used for studying.:-)
@jennybianca (12918)
I would have to agree that amny people, but especially students and teenagers, are letting cell phone scontrol their lives. They are always texting, or even downloading itunes or whatever. Apart from the cost of this technology,when overused as it is, there is the lack of real social contact. In mydays, when cell phones didn't exist, to socialise, I went to a youth group, and joined a theatre group. I thi nk these teenagers will loose the ability to socilaise in the real world, and this could affect their employment chances too.
@williamjisir (22909)
Some of my students play with their mobile phone in class. Once I see them, I will stop them. It does affect their study in class. Some of the students play with their mobile phones late at night that they cannot get up early in the morning and feel sleepy in class. This affects them a lot. But if the mobile phones are correctly used, it serves them. I wish that the students could make good use of them in the right time and place. Thank you for the discussion. Have a good day.
@eljayo (1107)
Hi! I really agree with you cellphone do have bad effects as well as good effects. IF it is use properly at the time and right situation it can bring relationships closer. But if it is used more often than normal than there is something wrong. That is why it is very important for parents to monitor their children on their cellphone usage.
@r3jcorp (1384)
I am very proud to say that I have a very responsible daughter. She saved money until she could buy a cellphone and when she got it, she used it only for family & school matters, reading e-books, storing datas needed for her projects and photos. She only ask for cellphone loads if we did not accompany her. Many of her classmates are using it for chatting and gossiping.
@Madman22 (99)
I do not see anything wrong with students or people having cell phones. I mean the internet people use a lot also. I mean think about how much a cell phone helps, like parents can keep in touch with there kids and if there was ever a emergency, then a person or student has that cell to use. So cell phones are a very good invention and every teen I think should have one. Happy Mylotting!! :)
@tigeraunt (6331)
i cannot live without cellphone these days. it has been my second best friend. it helps a lot with work and fast decision making. although i am thinking now, for students, the purpose of cellphone should be to contact parents or parents to be able to contact them. student should not be using it night times when it is the hour for studies. they need to concentrate. ann
@GemmaR (8527)
I see a lot of people at university in my lectures who spend all of their time on their mobile phones instead of listening to what is going on in the classroom like they probably should be doing. I don't really see the point in them doing that, because at the end of the day they are university to learn, and they are paying to be able to do that, so I don't understand why they would choose to sit playing on their mobile phones when they could simply be doing that at home instead. Mobile phones have made people waste an awful lot of their time.