Trick or Treat!

Boise, Idaho
Halloween is coming fast and I was just thinking today of some past Halloween's I recall. My grandmother was always very inventive for this holiday.(My daughter really enjoys it too. Go figure) One year when I was about seven or eight she dressed up as a witch. She always wore her hair up and she let it down for this as well as setting up sheets out on the enclosed porch and eery lighting. She even scared me with the mole on her nose and the scarey gown she wore and all. Ikes! I will never forget that Halloween! So I wonder if you have a fun story of past Halloweens you've had. Maybe some cute tricker treater or your kids being cute. And stories?
@carolscash (9500)
My grandpa made a scarecrow that had on a pair of his old work pants and hat and sat it in the swing on the porch and had it to where we could not tell that it was not him and it scared my brother and I both when we ran up to it. He was standing inside the door laughing! I will never forget that! Your grandma sounds like a sweet and funny lady!
That sounds like fun. Yes, she was quite a lady!
@Lakota12 (42684)
I usually have the yard decorated with scare crows not sure this year as we are surpose to be moving soon. But grand daughter was a pumpkin her first one she was so cute in it no funny or weird stories to tell
Scarecrows? That's a fun idea. We don't have a yard so it wouldn't work for us.
@Lakota12 (42684)
have a little ghost that hangs above me door
@bunnybon7 (37156)
• Holiday, Florida
Oh yes. I have many having had 5 kids and some grandkids. but the funniest was when my late hubby, who loved Halloween , and dressed up every year to hand out candy, wore this terribley scarey monster mask and a little 2 yr old girl screamed and cried when she saw him. and he tore the mask off for the rest of the evening and looked like he was going to cry to
So costume was TOO good. Haha My grams witch was really scarey too. I think the kids really believed it from then on.
when I was a kid, my cousins and I used to go house-to-house for our trick or treat. It's kind funny remembering those kind of happenings in our lives when we were still a kid. My mother on the other hand, used to cook Filipino delicacies for us and for the trick or treater.
My mom used to fix popcorn balls. Loved them!
@writersedge (22579)
One year we had a Trick or Treat for Unicef kid come, I asked her if in addition to money for the box, if she wanted to have some candy. She said she was diabetic. So I yelled to my Mother, "Hey Mom, you got any diabetic candy left?" She came out with some and said, "Why?" "Because she can only have diabetic candy." So my Mom gave her some of each flavor of hard candy. She went running to a car exclaiming, "Mom, Mom, they have diabetic candy here!" Well of course, both my parents were diabetic. But that really made her day. I hope each wrapped piece said it was diabetic so her Mom didn't have to take it away from her. But that made my night. She was soooo happy. It's hard for kids with allergies on Halloween like to chocolate or peanut butter to say nothing of the kids who are diabetic.
Thank for that sweet story. I hadn't thought.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
I really love kids in their costumes during trick or treats.i love giving them candies.In our office building we do have trick or treats too,kids of employees roam around the building.I fun and enjoying watching them in their cute costumes.
That sounds like a nice time.
@stary1 (6622)
I think the scariest are when people sit on a rocking chair on the porch..you can't quite tell if it's a real person or a straw man....I think it's too creepy for little ones but the older ones appreciate it...
Reminds me of a wax museum.
@dfollin (12734)
When I was a child some friends from school's father was a make up artist for a theatre ,of some sort,and he would borrowed costumes,propts and make up and all the adults in the family.We would go there and the house was all decorated like a scary movie and the adults were all dressed up creepy! It was fun thou!
That does sound fun. I have never been to a fancy Halloween party.