woman refused assistance, told to call 911 while AT the hospital..???

@tessah (6622)
youd think falling and injuring yerself while IN a hospital would be the safest place to have an accident. not so.. http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/10/19/Woman-falls-in-hospital-told-to-call-911/UPI-48371319029135/ it is outrageous even more so that this isnt the first time this hospital has done this to someone! this poor old lady was left laying on the floor with her head bleeding and a broken hip in the hospital lobby for a half hour and refused assistance due to hospital "policy" am i the only one who thinks health care workers standards have fallen to a deplorable level?
Most hospitals are like this. Because of the policy they cannot attend to some patients. What is this policy? I think it's all about the money, that you need to pay something before they admit you.
hi not all hospitals. the ones I know here in California do care and will care for you even if they have to transport you from that hospital to a different one you still are not turned away.I have had three bouts, all started from ER, was hospitalized for five days on the one, then had a bad fall and broke my shoulder.was hospitalized in my doctors hospital for three days then sent to rehab hospital for 20 days. the last one was treated; in Er , my own doctor was called and he ordered them to take me to the rehab hospital as I had twisted my kneee badly.What I am saying is there are some really great hospitals here in my state and my county.
I think it's horrible but there are some hospitals that will only specialize in certain areas. Some may be heart and stroke, while other hospitals are more for major emergency accidents and stuff like that. My boyfriend is a valet driver at a hospital that's main specialties are heart, stroke, and cancer. One day, a lady who worked there got into a car accident right in front of the hospital. She ended up dying because the hospital wouldn't take her in and she would've had to go to a completely different hospital. I think that even though a hospital may specialize in only a few areas, they should still take someone that has an emergency..especially if it occurred in their hospital.
hi courtknee thats what most ER's are for is emergency care. sometimes you end up being taken to a different hospital but you got care and your own doctor was called and told them what' to do for you. I know as this was what ha pened to me after a bad fall.I was sent to a rehab hospital and was well treated there too as my insurance did cover it.
That is totally ubsurd! I have never heard of anything like that.. ugh! I hate things like this. It is like there are so many regulations we are not allowed to exercise common sense. Sheesh!
hi tessah thats outrageous indeed what on earth? I fell while in the hospital setting up the date for my surgery. the security guard told me to lie still and a nurse and a doctor on call were both 'there, Luckily I had no broken bones and just a bruised hip .they insisted on x rays and called my surgeon to see what he thought and he said as long as I had no bad pain and no breaks I co uld go home but to see my primary care doctor for a checkup. But then I am in the USA here in California. I cannot imagine lying there with a broken hip and not getting care at once. terrible indeed.But this does not happen in our California hospitals at all. they do take care of people.