What is up with this heater??

I talked to my neighbor and we have the same heater. if she turns hers on to 80 it will continue to heat her house till she turns it down. When i turn mine on it will heat the house then turn off. It will be so cold in here and it will not turn back on. I had to pull out the electric heater. What is up with my heater how can I get it to come back on? Thanks.
It may run on a thermostat or something. Maybe the thermostat in it is broken. You may just need to get another heater or get that one checked.
So should I leave it on all day to see if the heat comes back on later? Thanks you..
It most likely is run on a thermos stat. It will turn on and off as the temperature drops and rises to trigger it. You probably haven't left it on long enough. If it says automatic on it or has a temperature dial on it, it is probably an automatic and you just need to leave it on.
Take a look at what the actual temperature is in the apartment, if it is higher then the set temperature it will not turn on. Best way to test is that if for instance it is 68 in the apartment and the thermostat is set at 72 and it will not turn on after 2 - 3 minutes then something is not working right with it. The other thing too is that you are underneath your neighbors apartment so your will be a little chillier as the higher the floor the warmer the apartment are.
@deer04 (96)
What the brand of your heater? as i know all heater has a 2 to 5 years warranty and lifetime service, if you want to fix that problem you may call where did you bought that heater.
No idea. Sounds like perhaps a short of some sort? I would call the land lord and ask about it as winter is approaching quite quickly and it will be difficult to go w/o heat in upcoming weeks.
@velvet53 (17721)
• Palisade, Colorado
I don't know that much about it but it might be your thermacupler(sp). Mine acts up and the landlord needs to put anew one in. The heat will come on and get real hot in here. When I turn the thermastat down sometimes the furnace doesn't kick back on. It is worth a shot to have it checked. You sure need the heat now.
It might be because of where your thermostat is located in your home. For example, our heat tends to run for quite a while because the thermostat in our home is right beside the cold air return. That means that I'm able to keep the thermostat at a lower temperature but it will still keep the house warm. Now, if the vents aren't blowing warm air when the heater is kicked on, then there might be something wrong with your heater that your landlord will need to fix.
@Amanda81587 (3046)
It sounds like the same problem mine just had. My furnace would turn on and go off at the temperature I set it at but never turn back on again, we had to go in the basement and manually relight it for it to start again. So I called a furnace guy and he said it was the ignighter so he fixed it and now my furnace works again we used electrical heaters for over a year now and it feels good to have heat again. It ran me about 110.00 but I'm billing it to the landlord! But if you problem is the same and it is a electric ignightor it probably burned out.
@sid556 (31003)
I've had things go wrong with my heater in the past and since I'm renting, I just call the landlady and she sends a maintanence man right over. In the cold weather, it doesn't matter what time of day or night it is, they send someone over right away. You should call your landlord. If he doesn't send one over, report him to the section 8 people. They are required by law to keep their apartments maintained.