Lord of the rings extended on Blu ray

@KOSTAS499 (1625)
Greece
Hallo boys and girls. I just can't get enough LOTR. Even the slow scenes with Frodo don'tseem to discourage me. The new bluray package of LOTR extended version was released 2 months ago in greece. We bought it and arraging LOTR nights on my 55" TV. I've seen some of the extra scenes and they are great. I can't wait. Did anyone see the extra scenes?
@rachael5760 (2725)
• Israel
You should also try reading the books, they are even better than the movies. There are the original books by JRR Tolkein and they are classic Fantasy There are 4 books and by now you can get them cheap. the 5th book the Silimarian is a bit more difficult to read because it is set up like an encyclopedia. But definitively check out the books mate, you'll love them!
@KOSTAS499 (1625)
• Greece
I read "Hobbit" this summer and can't wait for the movie! Maybe I will someday. I will settle for the movies for now.
@thezone (9451)
The only thing about reading the books is.... reading them and Tolkein at that!
• Israel
Yes, the language is beautiful and the descriptions make you feel like you are really there under the mountain, with the lake and that there are real creatures such as hobbits . . . Definitively worth it to read the books mate, Gotta get back into reading, it is the best!
@thezone (9451)
Have it on DVD and love it. The extended editions are well worth it. I would say they look amazing on bluray.
@KOSTAS499 (1625)
• Greece
Excellent quality...
@thezone (9451)
I plan to upgrade when I get the chance. Maybe in the new year. HD gear has dropped in price since 3D came on the scene.
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
I actually saw the regular version, well parts of it, yesterday. The extended version is one of those nothing to do today movies. The Lotr movies are very good as are the books but they are lengthy, it requires a bit of time. The extended versions are fun because they show all the extra bits that were removed not because they were badly done but the movie was already so long. I hope you have fun watching it.
I have the extended cut on DVD, but not Blu-Ray since I don't have a PS3, which I am saving up for. I'll probably end up getting LOTR extended when I get an HD TV.
@KOSTAS499 (1625)
• Greece
You can have better quality with the whole package...Bluray HDMI cabel and HD TV...be patient...