Carving pumpkins

I really want to carve a pumpkin with my kids but I just don't think its worth it. They don't like pumpkin so I can't use the inside, and the area we live in, if we carved it and put it outside, it would probably be destroyed in half an hour. What other things can we do to mark hallowe'en?
Look on helium.com and search for Halloween crafts that are appropriate for the age of your children. There are all kinds of different fun crafts that you can do with your children for Halloween that don't involve pumpkins. One thing that I can think of that would be fun would be to trace their feet on a piece of construction paper and cut those out and then they could draw faces of there little "foot" ghosts.
That's such a cool idea, I never heard of that before!
@ShyBear88 (18113)
I don't do pumpkin carving since it gets all messy but I do pumpkin panting which is really fun for little kids and adult because you can paint all kind of things on the pumpkin.
@ravinskye (8242)
I say carve them anyway :) Is there someone like out back that you can put them? Or just put them lit in your windows. I couldn't imagine not carving pumpkins on halloween. It's tradition. If not pumpkins, there are tons of halloween crafts you could do.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
I always wanted to carve pumpkins during halloween.I never try it ever so I wanted to but pumpkin here is to hard to carve.We used to buy plastic pumpkins.
@kingparker (9698)
Get those Halloween costume for your kids, and they may like it. You don't have to carve a pumpkin to get through Halloween. I don't carve a pumpkin for Halloween myself. I don't do Halloween too, since I am too old for it.
I don't know other than paint t and put it in the living room on top of your table. I want one so I can bake the seeds with salt.