Adrian feels left out

He was invited to my brothers for Thanksgiving but,he does not want to go. he said he does not know him and I feel I understand how he feels. I hate going anywhere and I don't know the people there. But,I also like meeting new people and enjoying myself. So,after reading your response I will see if I will stay home or bring him and stay with him in the living room.
@sid556 (31018)
Well, seeing as the two of you plan on being together for a while, I think it would only be right that he meet your family. I understand that it is awkward to meet new people but I think he should give it a chance. Who knows? He may become good friends with your brother. Thanksgiving is a time for family and you should be with your family and Adrian should at least put the effort in, I think.
@RitterSport (2452)
hi gifts I dont know where his problems are. When I started dating my husband his father became critically ill and I had the unusual situation of meeting my future in laws in hospital where they were also visiting Dad. Adrians situation is a much happier one being invited to Thanksgiving and I think if you love a person you also want to get to know his or her family.
How else will he be anything but a stranger if he doesn't start going with you to places? He will feel alittle uncomfortable at first but surely he will fit in and feel at home soon. I think it only fair for you to go where you want one year and then where he wants to go the next.
@bubuth (1816)
Maybe its better for you to go..Try to meet other people..Maybe he will enjoy it when he is already there..
Adrien won't get to know your brother if he doesn't make the effort. Go and enjoy. Invite Adrien and just stay near him so he doesn't feel abandoned.
If he does not go how will he get to know your brother? Encourage Adrian to go for a while and he might just find he will enjoy himself. Thanksgiving with family is so much fun and he will miss out if he does not go. It is a bit soon yet so he might just change his mind. Tell him I said he should go. lol Quality time together can be fun at times so maybe staying home with him today might be a good idea.
@Amanda81587 (3046)
Well I think since he loves you and that is your family, that he should at least give it a try. yes he does not like to be around new people but you have to think of it this way... it is your brothers house you are going to. That is not just anyone that is your family and if he is going to continue to date you and get serious then one day that might be his family as well. So he needs to get to know them starting now and thanksgiving is the perfect time to do that. even if you stick by him there I would still try and get him to go.